Services Project/Program Management Consultant - Remote opportunity in Central/Mid-West U.S.
Round Rock, TexasJob ID R045945 Date posted Nov. 15, 2019
Services Project/Program Management Consultant
Remote opportunity in Central/Mid-West U.S.
Dell provides best-in-class products, solutions and services designed for the success of our customers. In driving our customer’s business and digital transformations, transition management is a key element in establishing a successful technology implementation.
The Managed Services Transition Delivery Team ensures a controlled transfer of services from the customer’s existing model to the Dell delivered model. We manage and oversee all aspects of the customer’s transition project to ensure it is completed on-time and within budget. We have overall responsibility for managing the scope, cost, schedule and contractual deliverables. We coordinate all members of the transition team; service delivery tower leads and customer transition leaders. Transition managers have a range of responsibilities and must be able to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards, review project deliverables, establish strong project governance and provide regular status reporting to various levels of leadership within Dell and the customer’s organization.
- Manage multiple transition projects that require high levels of functional integration.
- Manage changes to project scope, project schedule and project costs, facilitating customer acceptance.
- Timelines may be moderately aggressive with most projects taking place on average 3-9 months.
- Projects may span in impact from a single region to multinational projects; from single solution areas to multiple solution areas.
- Manage complete project life-cycle through planning, budgeting, partner selection, contracting, service delivery, reporting and billing cycle Vendor management
- Manage complex projects within a matrixed environment.
- Manage internal teams and third-party vendors to specific Service Level Agreements and deliverables.
- Resolve conflicts and negotiate with others to reconcile differences and facilitate cooperation.
- 12+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8+ years with a Master’s degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- Experience in areas of transition management, process building and execution, deployment management and process/procedure design
- Extensive experience using project managements tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, Financial Force, Microsoft Office, Visio, Adobe Acrobat)
- Organizational agility
- Experience leading matrixed teams C-Suite level of professional maturity and communication
- Experience working in a customer-facing professional services or managed client services environment
- Strong communication skills and an ability to represent Dell to customers, partner organizations and other external sources as required.
- Experience with Project Governance
- Professional Certification (e.g. PRINCE2, PmP, ITIL)
- Experience working as a manager for or directly managing top tier services organization
- Knowledge of Dell’s transformational approach to solution implementation
- CCMP and/or BPMN certifications
- Major OEM Product Certifications