Serviceability & Supportability Engineer
Round Rock, TexasJob ID R044213 Date posted Nov. 13, 2019
Serviceability & Supportability Engineer
Round Rock, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
We are looking for a Serviceability & Supportability Engineer to join our Quality Engineering team in Round Rock, Texas and play a key role in the evolution of Dell. Our Service Engineering team has the expertise to shape ground-breaking products, material and processes. It’s a fascinating field of work. We’re involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and product strategies and generating intellectual property. We lead technology investigations with our customers andanalyze field data to improve the customer experience and impact our vendor partner selection. Our insights influence product architecture and definitions. And we work with colleagues across the business to ensure Dell products always lead the way. Be an integral part of building out the next generation of products.
- Drives for internal and external alignment of the strategy.
- Monitor every phase of the development process to ensure that the design and software adhere to company standards. Works with software developers to improve software products during development.
- Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of product roadmaps.
- Identifies and develops differentiation opportunities, provide technical information and make recommendations to marketing, procurement, engineering, customers, and business executives.
- Supports Customer briefings and presents technical data on Dell’s product and industry direction in a convincing and authoritative form.
- Participates as required in strategic initiatives for improvements in process, quality, and cost.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Turns tribal knowledge into process and applies lessons learned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preference for degrees in: software design, engineering, or computer science.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 6+ years’ experience with DevOps focusing on building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies
- Must have strong skills in a variety of categories: engineering and technology, verbal and written communication, problem-solving, reasoning and logic, and practical skills.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
If you’re keen to be at the forefront of driving world-class technology innovation, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: January 31, 2020.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.