Senior Software Engineer - IT
Round Rock, TexasJob ID R71731 Date posted Jul. 11, 2019
Senior Software Engineer - IT
Round Rock, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Software Engineer - ITon our Dell Digitalteam in Round Rock, TX.
Dell IT Overview:
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
About Business Unit:
Dell's IT, Order Management system, Tandem team is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to work on the roadmap projects. Tandem team is an essential part of the Dell Order Management IT team - building solutions that allows our customers to place orders.
Responsibilities will include coordinating functional team activities, daily stand ups, managing roadmap activities and providing technical and process guidance. You will play a defining role in the continuing evolution of production stability of the Order management applications.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide-range of complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity range of difficulty problems. Develop solutions that required integrity and creativity, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives
- Design, write, test, strong debugging skills, and document software in languages and environments appropriate to development projects
- Interface with customers, test group personnel, and field support personnel to identify customer requirements and solve problems.
- Part of the Production Experience L3 Dev team for applications working on production Incidents, Defects, Problem Management and Change Request development and implementation.
- Responsible for performing range of functions in the areas of technical design, development, testing and deployment of Data Migration solutions.
- 5+ years of related experience (.Net Developer) with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or 3+ years with a Master’s degree
- Individual must have aptitude for visualizing, designing and developing software systems based on user requirements and demonstrated ability to develop design documentation using industry standard practices including illustration using class, sequence, state and other UML diagrams
- Expert in Production Support and resolving P3 Tickets & Incident.
- Experience on Order Management and SCM Process.
- Good hands on experience in: ASP.Net and MVC; Oracle PL/SQL. SQL Stored procedures, dynamic queries, performance tuning.
- Proficient in C#3.5 and above
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles
- SCRUM Master certification a plus
- Knowledge on ELK, Profiling and load run generation tools familiarity (JRUNNER), Splunk, db tools, network sniffers, performance engineering.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.