Senior Principal Product Engineer, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Round Rock, TexasJob ID R023598 Date posted Jul. 17, 2019
Senior Principal Product Engineer, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (SRO)
Round Rock, TX or Hopkinton, MA or Remote
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
- Building strong partnerships with internal teams influencing to incorporate “Security by Design” principle at all levels of software and product lifecycle management.
- Excellent presentation skills to able co-ordinate and facilitate Pivotal Cloud Foundry security workshops to technical team members across Dell Technologies
- Perform security assessment on cloud native architectures in specific to Pivotal Cloud Foundry and microservices architectures
- Enable Dell internal customers to securely design, develop, implement and migrate existing applications to PaaS (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) platforms
- Become a change agent with customer organizations to secure infrastructure, platforms and applications.
- Extensive experience in Pivotal Cloud Foundry, cloud-native application architecture, 12 factor, containers and related technologies
- Deep knowledge of information security principles, practices and security frameworks and benchmarks
- Extensive experience with software development Lifecyle methodologies (Agile, Lean, DevOps etc.)
- Proven knowledge and hands-on experience using DevOps technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab, GitHub, Artifactory etc.), Chef, Puppet, BOSH, or related automated / orchestration tools.
- Experience in designing, implementing and delivering security for cloud native, distributed computing and architectural solutions with a principle of “Secure by Design”.
- Expertise in performing Threat Modeling, generating security architectural requirements to software development and product teams
- Customer focused mindset and is capable of flexing and delivering security solutions to meet the business needs by still achieving the high security standards
- Growth mindset who is passionate to learn and use new/emerging technologies
- 10+ years of full-time dedicated experience leading Information security roles focused on delivering security on cloud native, distributed architectural solutions in complex environments
- Understanding of Industry trends in cloud technologies for public, private and hybrid cloud deployments
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
- One or More technical security certifications is a Plus.
- CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CCSP – Certified Cloud Security Professional
- CSSLP – Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional
- CISM – Certified Information Security Manager
- CSEC- SANS CIAC Security Essentials
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can ensure the highest level of security for our customers, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.