Senior Manager -Cloud Platform Services
Round Rock, TexasJob ID R97981 Date posted Mar. 06, 2019
Senior Manager - Cloud Platform Services
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Cloud Platform Engineeron our ITteam in Hopkinton, MA.
We provide the building blocks, platforms and self-service tools that enable high availability, operationally resilient and scalable applications to be built to enable our business to deliver value to our development teams. This team is primarily responsible for running PaaS (Platform as a Service) and CaaS (Container as a Service) and common application platforms. As part of this team, you will lead a talented group of technology professionals who enjoy taking on challenges, such as:
- Provides subject matter expertise to other groups on cloud native capabilities and tools
- Establishes and maintains Key Performance Indicators for the overall health of the service and build tools to exercise and evaluate if these KPIs are being met
- Works cross-functionally with other teams to surface common pain points, architect solutions, establish conventions, and evangelize platform services and operations best practices
- Transforms discoveries into requests to others or action items for you and your team
- Hires, mentors and grows a team of passionate engineers who work well across the company and are subject matter experts in cloud platforms and cloud native technologies
- Works within the team on priorities and help specifying the deliverables around governance software, best practices, examples
- Defines individual performance objectives and development plans and ensure alignment with individual growth and organizational objectives. Meet 1:1 weekly with the individuals in your team
- 12+ years of experience in software development, project management, and software systems development as well as 5+ years of Management experience
- Expertise in using and managing cloud platforms and cloud native tools
- Manage end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Experience managing cloud adoption
- Software Development experience - proficiency with at least one scripting or programming language: Shell, Python, Ruby, Java, Node, Golang, or Perl
- Understanding of container orchestration platforms such as Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, or Docker Swarm. And running these services at scale
- Understanding of micro service architecture/ distributed systems architecture, messaging services: RabbitMQ or Kafka, and experience in API platform technologies
- Clear understanding of DevOps, Automated testing, and Continuous Integration practices and their role in Agile Software Development and vision to where and when to automate
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.