Project Program Manager
Round Rock, TexasJob ID R92255 Date posted Feb. 23, 2019
Project Program Manager
Round Rock, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Project/Program Manageron our Global Upsell Services team in Round Rock, TX.
This Global Project Manager will be focused on Business & IT Project Management within the Global Upsell Services (GUS) organization. GUS provides sales with custom solutions when standard service offerings do not meet customer needs. These custom solutions drive over $170M annual revenue for GSD and are often part of strategic solutions for Dell customers.
Candidate will identify areas of IT investment, generate business cases, gather requirements, interface with Business SMEs and IT Developers, manage all business activities related to IT projects, and ensure business adoption of tools. Candidate will drive global, cross-functional initiatives and manage projects from initiation through delivery and sustainment.
- Interface with IT, design business requirements, and lead business adoption of new infrastructure
- Understands impact of emerging business trends and their implications for Dell and its customers.
- Develops common-sense solutions to complex business problems through in-depth analysis, coordination and negotiation with key decision makers.
- Considers Dell-wide implications of decisions and recommendations. Contributes to Dell thought leadership; builds consensus.
- Invents new products and processes to achieve strategic business objectives.
- Designs and develops global processes, systems and/or applications.
- Influences a broad spectrum of stakeholders toward achieving business goals.
- Able to clearly communicate technical matters to decision makers.
- Executive communication skills, both verbal and written
- Agile Development
- Strong Project Management skills; Six-sigma/BPI or PMP/PM3 certification
- Undergraduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.