Product Management Consultant-Services
Round Rock, TexasJob ID R044211 Date posted Nov. 12, 2019
Product Management Consultant -Services
Round Rock, Texas
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Product Management Consultant on our Servicesteam in Round Rock, Texas.
Showcasing excellence and innovation at every stage, Product Management is responsible for the cross-functional management of products or solutions through their entire lifecycle. Using a wealth of technical and industry experience, we work across functional areas to implement our products or solutions. We undertake thorough analysis of the markets to ensure we maximize profitability and adjust our product strategies to respond to competition. Our role also involves acting as subject matter experts for internal and external product events or partner meetings.
- Specify market requirements for current and future Consumer Services products by conducting market research supported by on-going, intimate knowledge of existing customers and non-customers (prospects and competitors).
- Oversees and drives products/ solutions through the phase release or solutions release process including business case and resource requirements.
- Profile market & customer needs to provide insights into planning process, from multiple sources: sales/marketing teams, primary and secondary market research, customer interviews, industry analysts, and mining of internal customer data.
- Develop business cases for new concepts (opportunity size, financial impacts by BU, market share, cost of sales, profitability expectations). Develop GTM (go-to-market) plan to enable market adoption of the roadmap and work with all relevant teams to ensure execution. Target market prioritization, define sales motion, effective positioning and merchandising of product.
- Measure and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve.
- Manage the solutions roadmap life cycle (inventory existing capabilities, rationalize offers, validate position in light of competitive changes, measure performance of launched offers and develop required growth or exit strategies).
- Collaborates with other Product Managers, BU Leaders and Engineering/ R&D leaders to align product strategies into comprehensive portfolios for the BU.
- A premier communicator with exemplary writing skills and an innate ability to make very complex concepts and offerings simple and intuitive. Demonstrate the ability to influence/sell ideas and present alternatives in a convincing fashion to a mixed audience, from peers to executives.
- Understand macro-business economics and be able to build actionable business plans and prioritize and categorize in complex and highly matrixed environments.
- Proven track record as a decisive, action-oriented individual, who has led cross-functional global teams to define and achieve high value objectives. This individual will have the ability to coalesce varied constituents and drive to achieve superior results on a consistent basis.
- Substantial knowledge of Product Management and Engineering Development methodologies.
- Possess the technical knowledge and business understanding well enough to identify/define Services direction, requirements & gaps. Possess a track record of having successfully delivered on complex projects and possess global experience.
- The successful candidate must be a team player with a proven ability to drive change through influence and collaboration across a matrix organization in a highly fluid environment.
- Typically requires 12+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8+ years with a Master’s degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience.
- Pragmatic Marketing certified
- Understanding the Offer Lifecycle Process (OLP)
- Knowledge of the Kanban agile methodology
- Familiar with Technical Support operations and organization
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you want to play a key role in supporting the global release and evolution of innovative technology, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.