Global Wellness Program Manager
Round Rock, TexasJob ID R031493 Date posted Aug. 29, 2019
Global Wellness Program Manager
Round Rock, Texas - Preferred
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Global Wellness Program Manager on our Benefits team in the U.S..
Ground-breaking products need ground-breaking people to design and deliver them. So here at Dell, we don’t just innovate when it comes to technology, we also lead the way in terms of rewarding our people. Providing a consultative service to HR and management, our Benefits team within Human Resources drives the delivery of benefits programs and policies that recognize individual contributions. Working in line with industry trends, we negotiate a range of services for our people while ensuring our programs are compliant and adhere to Dell policies and government regulations.
- Overseeing the development and execution of Dell’s global wellness strategy inclusive all of Balance pillars (Body, Mind, Wealth) through thought leadership and serve as an expert to inform the broader benefits strategy.
- Partner with global Dell stakeholders (Global and Regional Benefits and Compensation, HR, IT) to ensure understanding and alignment on key initiatives.
- Lead multi-year global wellness strategy, including next phase launch of global digital hub
- Launch Global challenges with integrated incentive strategy and heavy communications support, including Senior Executives.
- Build on our global champions committees driving deep engagement across all sites, keeping teams motivated, activated & informed
- Build out of other tenets of our “award winning” strategy (for example - leader training & engagement on wellness/balance and connection to Inspirational Leadership and productivity management)
- Effectively manage external vendor partners, including managing dedicated vendor resources.
- Act as a leader within the Benefits team, constantly bringing new ideas and strategies that challenge the norms.
- Connect with relevant industry groups, consultants and counterparts in other multinationals to build relationships/partnerships and capture best practices for global wellness design and strategy.
- Minimum 12 years of related experience in benefits/wellness preferably in a large, matrixed organization.
- Excellent analytical, influencing, problem solving and organization skills.
- Excellence in project management and running multiple projects concurrently.
- Solid consulting skills – ability to communicate strategy in a vivid and compelling manner.
- Have a contagious, personal passion for health & wellness that influences and motivates others
- Demonstrate program ownership and architect ability to connect the dots and deliver continuous improvement.
- Track record of staying on top of project status and resources while leading with vision and anticipating challenges.
- Flexibility to work virtually across geographies and time zones.
- Demonstrates strong initiative and is self-managed.
- Excellent customer service and commitment to solving problems.
- Team player and facilitator of team work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to work at the forefront of benefit provision, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 31 December 2019.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.