Executive Communications Consultant
Round Rock, TexasJob ID R033700 Date posted Sep. 13, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as anExecutive Communications Consultant on ourEnterprise Go-to-Market & Executive Communications team in Hopkinton, MA or Round Rock, TX.
The Dell Global Communications team is hiring an Executive Communications Consultant to serve as a trusted communications advisor to the Senior Vice President, Global Business Operations and his senior staff by providing strategic counsel and helping to drive organizational priorities.
The Global Business Operations (GBO) organization plays a fundamental role in Dell’s success, providing sales strategy and planning, business management, controller-ship, sales enablement and business transformation. The Executive Communications Consultant will develop a global internal communications strategy that aligns the GBO team around the GBO vision, strategic initiatives, and priorities and ensure effective messaging to Sales. This role is very close to the business, with great opportunity to learn, grow and make an impact.
The successful candidate will have internal and external communications experience; proven success working with senior business leaders; strong writing skills; strategic planning ability; and strong messaging skills to help create employee engagement within GBO and drive business priority alignment with both GBO and Sales team members.
This role will: develop and execute a holistic communications plan; translate business strategy, initiatives and progress into clear messages for team members; create communication materials, including talking points and presentations; produce communications events and forums, such as quarterly town hall meetings; and develop strategies and communications to support major initiatives.
- Help drive team member engagement by ensuring communications promote a collaborative, connected, and inclusive culture
- Support change management initiatives, as needed, to help team members navigate organizational change
- Learn and understand key GBO initiatives and programs, business drivers and sales dynamics to help position successfully with target groups
- Collaborate with business partners within GBO and across the company (e.g. Sales, Global Business Services, HR, etc.) to identify and advise on communication strategies and execution as needed
- Execute deliverables that include – but may not be limited to – team member events, steady state communications, blogs, videos, and change management communications, with a heavy emphasis on internal meeting narratives and presentation slide development
- Measure the effectiveness of communications events, and of the communications program overall, and provide regular updates to leadership
- Self-starter with the ability to operate in matrix organizations and manage multiple projects concurrently; comfortable working with remote colleagues and stakeholders; experience working across disciplines and geographies
- Strong writing, editing, presentation (PowerPoint) development, issue management, strategic planning, relationship-building and problem-solving skills
- Proven success as a communications strategist who has developed and executed effective communications plans to advance business goals
- Proactive execution, speed, agility and the ability to influence and lead change
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7-10 years of communications experience
- Ability to travel once or twice per quarter
- Experience in employee communications, change management and event management.
- Experience producing and editing content for executive or sales team consumption
- Experience partnering with business operations, Sales and HR colleagues to drive business results, as well as change management needs
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or related field preferred
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.