Director, Software Engineering, IPE
Round Rock, TexasJob ID R031477 Date posted Nov. 19, 2019
Director, Software Engineering, IPE
Austin, TX area
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Director on our Power Edge/IPE/OHCI teams in our Round Rock and Parmer campuses. The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Lead a talented Software Engineering organization to deliver innovative, high quality products on a foundation of architectural and engineering excellence in one of the largest Data Center Infrastructure Providers in the world.
- Provide leadership and mentor in engineering best practices, including agile development methodologies, service architectures, and design patterns.
- Responsible for ensuring stability and performance of the products are best in class. This includes accountability for performance, availability management and capacity planning.
- Lead the implementation of rigorous engineering excellence process and platform improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems for several programs and projects.
- Communicate and translate vision/strategy to staff. Responsible for executing on functional and business goals of the market (and Dell at large) for the group.
- Passionate about the customer experience, and ensure every visit is a great experience for the User.
- 12+ years of relevant work experience leading engineering teams and most of this in focused embedded (product) Software Development
- Ability to lead multiple simultaneous product development efforts and programs.
- Strong organizational planning and development, business judgment, technical leadership, and communication skills
- Working knowledge of end-user/customer experience in the Data Center IT Operations Management space
- An analytical mind that thrives in a data-driven environment Experience in windows and
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Bachelor's/MS degree in mathematics, computer science, or related discipline.
- eCommerce specific industry knowledge and experience in software engineering
- Working knowledge of end-user/customer experience
- Java, Ruby, Spring, ITOM principals, M&O, and AI/ML background preferred
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.