Director of Software Products
Round Rock, TexasJob ID R61316 Date posted Jul. 10, 2019
Director of Software Products
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a the Director of Consumer and Small Business Software on our team in Austin, TX.
As part of the Consumer and Small Business Brand Experience leadership team, the Director of Software manages a portfolio of distinctive solutions which differentiates Dell from its competition, generates revenue, activates specialized hardware, connects seamlessly with device ecosystems, creates optimal device experiences, and provide insights into system performance and user behavior.
This position has 8 direct reports and >50 indirect reports, including engineering, project management, design, quality, and operations teammates. The Director of Software is expected to coach and guide product managers to deliver against aggressive KPIs, to define the next generation of SW products, and to align with hardware platform planning teams to ensure a seamless user experience which accelerates emerging technologies and delights customers.
- Drive teammates' definition of product requirements, features and roadmaps, analyzing customer usage and needs, market research data, future technology, competitive threats, Line of Business growth and profitability goals and resource optimization
- Work across leadership from HDW Product Marketing, Marketing, Engineering, Project Management, and others as the end-to-end owner of Consumer and Small Business Software
- Responsible for leading the total customer experience across products, from consideration, purchase, delivery and ownership
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs across products, including engineering effort required, outcomes, impact on customers
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with Engineering, Design and other related teams to mature our SW processes and execution
- Mentor and guide your teammates to create business case recommendations for future investments
- Be a tireless advocate for your products internally and externally
- 10+ years of software product management or software product marketing experience, working closely with hardware platforms a plus
- Prior experience shaping emerging technologies
- Evidence of customer-focused product management
- 3+ years managing teams to deliver measured outcomes
- Prefer strategic consulting or corporate experience, e.g., 3+ years strategy at top tier firm
- BA/BS relevant degree + Masters or PhD in related field
- Passion for consumer technologies and a customer-driven mindset with ability to find creative solutions to challenges
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment requiring complete ownership of product and portfolio outcomes
- Strong business acumen with strategic analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Collaborative approach with past success in influencing beyond sphere of direct control
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.