Digital Marketing Analytics Sr. Program Manager
Round Rock, TexasJob ID R90297 Date posted Jun. 15, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Digital Marketing Analytics Sr. Program Manager on our Global Field Marketing team in Round Rock, TX, Hopkinton, MA or New York, NY.
The Digital Marketing Analytics Sr. Program Manager is responsible for the tech strategy, roadmap and operation of all of digital marketing attributions globally. This individual will have to be always up to date with changes happening in digital marketing ecosystem and make sure Dell’s digital attribution and media optimization/activation are always bullet proof to any big changes happening in the market and leverages best of the breed tech options helping maximize digital marketing ROI, while working very closely with Media agencies, tech vendors and Dell internal stakeholders.
Few immediate deliverables would be maintaining and enhancing media performance analytics reports that will help drive optimization of Dell’s go to market media strategy. This reporting is based on multiple data sources that track customers’ engagement with Dell’s digital marketing campaigns to their web conversions using methodologies from simple rule to AI based algorithm that attribute conversions across all the digital media touch points.
The right candidate will work on a big project of migrating current reporting platform to a new adserver. They will work very closely with a team, in identifying global business reporting and adtech data feed requirements and developing new reporting using SQL, Google Bigquery, Omniture workbench and visualization tool. Once the migration is complete, this individual will also be responsible for improving back end tracking set up and data flow.
This role will provide excellent opportunity to leverage data analytics and reporting development skills and learn about industry leading digital marketing measurement technology/ adtech and marketing strategy and operations globally.
- Intake reporting and visualization requirements from business
- Intake data feed requirements to adtech
- Manage vendor relation around attribution
- Develop roadmap to keep Dell digital attribution to get ahead of key industrywide changes (such as ITP2)
- Develop codes to build attribution logics in workbenches and visualization using SQL
- Prepare, communicate and disseminate marketing analytics reports to global team members in a timely manner working with the 3~4 developers
- Reporting infrastructure maintenance: Ensure smooth connections of business-critical data sources and dependencies for the attribution setup and escalate data issues with respective teams to ensure timely resolution
- Project manage and drive reporting change management in new markets working with media agencies and Dell marketing
- Manage the repository of all historical data and ensure back up procedures are in place
- Coordinate with other reporting teams and senior marketing analytics manager to ensure Dell provides a single source of truth for all teams by performing data analytics for reconciliation
- Ensure the scalability of the reports for future expansion without hindering performance
- Take constant feedback from the users to improve the dashboard usability
- Perform data analytics using SQL, Excel, Omniture Site Catalyst and Access
- Housekeeping of all members having access to the reports
- Robust understanding in the digital marketing ecosystem
- Understanding in marketing planning and operation
- Experience in digital marketing and adtech in terms of engineering, development, activation, or strategy
- Proficient in SQL, reporting and visualization using Tableau, Excel macros, Omniture Site Catalyst workbench, Adobe Marketing Cloud, and Google Bigquery
- SAS, R, Python and Visual Basic are plus
- Deep understanding of database structures and process automation
- Strong project management
- Effective communication to directors and executives via email, phone calls, and also in formal presentation
- Knowledge of Dell critical data sources is a plus: Dell transactions, engagements and online tracking
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with remote team members and tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail to identify data relationships, trends, and anomalies.
- Undergraduate degree and +8 years; MBA preferred
- Strong knowledge of database management systems, SQL coding, data manipulation using Google Bigquery and Tableau design
- Proficiency in English
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.