Consultant, Technical Program Management
Round Rock, TexasJob ID R040487 Date posted Nov. 12, 2019
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
About Business Unit:
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Supportability Project Manager on our ISG Service Engineering team.
The newly formed ISG Service Engineering team will play a vital role in supporting Dell’s products from inception to sustaining and end of life with the mission of making Dell’s products the easiest to own, lowest cost and consistent across ISG. The organization will consist of 3 distinct verticals: Serviceability, New Product Introduction and Supportability. These verticals will directly interlock with the product groups through the product management, engineering, program management and quality organizations. Specifically, the Supportability team will be responsible for driving world-class customer experience through identification and resolution of systemic, quality and process issues to reduce workload and make Dell’s products easier to own and support.
The Supportability Project Manager is responsible for providing in-market support and sustaining project management for a specific product set within the ISG portfolio. Supportability project management is key to executing on initiatives derived from ISG Quality or initiated by the Supportability team itself that ultimately lead to improved CSAT, workload reduction, SR reduction, etc.
In-Market Quality & Project Management
- Owns interlock between the supportability product leaders, Supportability Engineering, Trigger engineering and Analytics ops to facilitate requests, drive initiatives, track and manage product specific issues
- Support partnership with ISG PGs and quality organization to solve business challenges and drive ISG in-market initiatives
- Represent services at TCE forums and equivalent organizations
- Drives continuous improvement in the quality of systems, peripherals and software, as experienced by customer
- Supports achievement of quality goals and performance measurements while also monitoring results to identify outliers requiring deeper investigation
- Provide product Workload, Contact and Dispatch Reduction opportunity/initiative project management
- Influences and contributes to the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of in-market quality standards and processes
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of service experience with computer products, be technically proficient and have a working knowledge of service and product offerings as well as a good understanding of the OLP process.
- Advanced communication/presentation skills with strong ability to interact with executive leadership
- Strong ability to lead, influence and implement change across businesses
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and act with professionalism when managing critical or sensitive issues
- Understanding and awareness of global components such as cultural differences, time zones, etc.
- Ability to problem solve and communicate risks / impact to deliverables effectively
- Advanced understanding of technology discipline, such as hardware, software, solutions and ability to influence other team members through technical expertise
- Advanced understanding quality tools, data, and processes and can use those tools to influence design decisions and improvements within organization
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations within project, across organization