Consultant, Technical Program Management
Round Rock, TexasJob ID R040489 Date posted Nov. 09, 2019
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
About Business Unit:
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Enterprise Business Warranty Cost Lead on our ISG Continuous Service Improvement team.
This role will continue to play a vital role in supporting Dell’s products from a sustaining and end of life point of view, with the mission of making Dell’s products the easiest to own, lowest cost and consistent across ISG.
The North America Enterprise Business Lead will be responsible for providing data analytics and key touchpoints that will drive down warranty cost issues across the NA Enterprise business. This individual will partner with key POC’s across the business to partner with and help drive projects that drive efficiencies and reduction in warranty cost across the businesses. Holding key groups accountable to their actions whether it be with our product group or our support organization.
In-Market Quality & Project Management
- Build strong relationships with local Directors and Executives to mitigate out of process escalations and streamline execution
- Program Manage the execution of initiatives to deliver and ensure delivery of Dispatch Plan
- Single point of contact for implementation of Cross-Business Programs
- Accountable for improvement across all of these measures for your business unit (MDR, RDR, Call/SR, B2D, Cancel%, Bios Adoption, APS Usage, etc.)
- Identify/Eliminate Business Defects through Analytics & innovation
- Identify & Submit systemic issues into Process Engineering
- Execute initiatives that drive AMER region to Best of Breed on Enterprise LOBs (PowerEdge, PowerVault, Compellent, EqualLogic)
- Provide input into Long-Term Initiatives to deliver (FY20/FY21) Plan
- 8+ years of related experience; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of service experience with computer products, be technically proficient and have a working knowledge of service and product offerings as well as a good understanding of the OLP process.
- Advanced communication/presentation skills with strong ability to interact with executive leadership
- Strong ability to lead, influence and implement change across businesses
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and act with professionalism when managing critical or sensitive issues
- Understanding and awareness of global components such as cultural differences, time zones, etc.
- Ability to problem solve and communicate risks / impact to deliverables effectively
- Advanced understanding of technology discipline, such as hardware, software, solutions and ability to influence other team members through technical expertise
- Advanced understanding quality tools, data, and processes and can use those tools to influence design decisions and improvements within organization
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations within project, across organization
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you are ready to take ownership of ambitious and ground-breaking technical programs, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.