Consultant, Product Management
Round Rock, TexasJob ID R29506 Date posted Jun. 19, 2019
Consultant, Product Management - Hopkinton, MA or Round Rock, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Showcasing excellence and innovation at every stage, Product Management is responsible for the cross-functional management of products or solutions through their entire lifecycle. Using a wealth of technical and industry experience, we work across functional areas to implement our products or solutions. We undertake thorough analysis of the markets to ensure we maximize profitability and adjust our product strategies to respond to competition. Our role also involves acting as subject matter experts for internal and external product events or partner meetings.
- Drive VxRail product initiatives from concept phase through end-of-life
- Work closely with Product Management team members, Engineering product owners, and other stakeholders to define and prioritize business requirements for NPI releases
- Work with product architects to develop strategies for specific functional areas of the product
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of customer needs, market requirements, and technology trends to enable VxRail
- Develop product roadmaps, product requirements and business case justifications
- Work across all functional areas, gathering inputs, updating product plans and roadmaps, and communicating the impact of product decisions to all stakeholders
- Communicate strategy and roadmap to senior executives, partners and customers
- Deep understanding of and extensive experience with the Offer Lifecycle (Management) Process for New Product Introductions
- Hands-on experience with Atlassian tools for product development (Jira and Confluence in particular)
- Skills to quickly learn and lead new technology initiatives required
- Understanding of hyper-converged market, and VMware software-defined products, a big plus
- Ability to navigate the Dell, Dell EMC, and VMware organizations is also a plus
- Self-motivated to do what needs to be done
- BA/BS degree and 10+ years of relevant experience in tech environment
- MBA preferred
- Substantial knowledge of Product Management and Engineering Development methodologies
- Product strategy, roadmaps, requirements and business case justification experience
- Able to work in a fast paced environment requiring daily decision-making
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can take innovative products and solutions from inception to completion, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.