Consultant, Business Transformation Office
Round Rock, TexasJob ID R81676 Date posted May. 30, 2019
Consultant, DellEMC Business Transformation Office
Preferred location: Hopkinton, MA or Round Rock/Parmer, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
The Business Transformation Office is a worldwide team that’s vital to the ongoing evolution of Dell. It has an impact on users, processes, technology and organizational change in business units right across the company. We lead on global, enterprise-wide, foundation programs, often valued above $50M, that use the Engineering Program Management protocol. It’s all about using strong technical knowledge and identifying industry best practices to enrich program solutions.
Participates in cross-functional, pan-Dell, worldwide core team with a focus on managing / driving significant workstreams as a part of an overall transformation effort. Could be involved in:
- Leads cross-functional workstreams to transform key aspects of the Dell EMC portfolio leveraging global, industry-standard base design points best-practice aligned with core corporate strategic objectives
- Ensure completion of large scale, complex workstreams with multiple stakeholders, often competing priorities and aggressive timelines
- Bring together data, knowledge base and stakeholder input in order to arrive at a detailed plan complete with milestones and specific deliverables
- Navigate and influence executive priorities in order to achieve the most desirable outcome for DellEMC
- Flex across multiple business lifecycles (Strategy to Launch, Market to Quote, Order to Delivery to Cash, Plan to Manufacture, Procure to Pay, Service Delivery Management, Issue to Prevention, Account to Report, Talent Lifecycle)
- Flex across multiple work stream domains (Architecture, Reporting/Information Management, Master Data Management, Technology, Organizational Change Management, Value Management, Tax, Security Sales & Controls GTM)
- Contribute content and recommendations for deliverables that are intended for DellEMC leadership audience
- Typically requires 10+ years experience of a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree or 8+years with a Master’s degree
- Strong technical knowledge across multiple Dell functions, tools and processes
- Industry relevant experience across one or multiple industries to identify industry best practices and incorporate them into the proposed program
- Strong preference for knowledge of Dell EMC products, processes and organizations and/or knowledge of Go To Market Sales Motion across both Enterprise and Commercial
- Significant leadership and collaboration / teamwork skills
- Experience with influencing and navigating complex stakeholder ecosystem and driving for results
- Executive presence and communication skills
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to be at the heart of strategic transformation in a game-changing business, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.