Project Manager (Senior or Intermediate Level)
Rome, ItalyJob ID R025739 Date posted Jul. 24, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Sr Project Manager on our Dell EMC Consulting Services team in Italy.
From delivering brand new accounts to driving expansion across existing accounts, our Consulting Services delivery teams transform opportunity into action every day. Whether supporting a geographical area, product line, industry, channel or market segment, their goal is the same: to develop trusted advisor relationships with the end-users of the organization through the execution of successful engagements. They are the direct line between our ground-breaking portfolio of product solutions and the desks of satisfied customers.
Dell customers rely on our products and services to drive progress, so we take the service we provide extremely seriously. Consulting Services delivery is all about making sure our technical solutions help clients fulfil their priorities, challenges and initiatives. As trusted advisors, we build in-depth knowledge of what each client wants to achieve. Then we make sure the services delivered by Dell deliver on all our promises. We also work closely with Sales, Presales and other Services & Digital colleagues to develop strategic account growth plans, and to identify and pursue sales opportunities.
The Sr Project Manager will manage the delivery of customer engagements for Dell EMC, responsible for the full life cycle of projects from requirements gathering through customer service handover. Acts as primary interface to the customer, vendor and all personnel associated with the engagement.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery and execution of portfolio of highly complex detailed projects with high risk.
- Responsible for the development of project management plan that articulates the role of Dell EMC, as well as vendors and client resources, in the delivery of the designed solution within the account.
- Has an in-depth understanding of the business objectives of the customers. Reviews and validates statement of work (SOW).
- Responsible for reviewing and overseeing goals and milestones within the projects to ensure Dell EMC's commitments to customer and customer business objectives are achieved
- Establishes strong project governance. Oversees projects he/she owns and leads project teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget and to satisfaction of the customer, Dell EMC and Account management.
- Responsible for the profitability of the owned projects. Evaluates the impact of change requests on overall customer satisfaction, profitability and business potential. Accountable for compliance to Dell EMC's revenue recognition rules and policies.
- Handle changes in conjunction with the requirements for the program
- Oversees delivery Quality Assurance. Ensures that for any existing or potential customer escalation issues, appropriate communications are occurring to all Dell EMC concerned parties; proactively manages customer oversees the Dell EMC escalation and change control process. Provides regular updates of progress on those issues to both customer and Dell EMC personnel.
- Articulates the full value of the Dell EMC Solutions and Dell EMC Services business benefit to the customer. Identifies potential future opportunities at the customers' and communicates to sales as appropriate.
- Leads project teams provides project management, leadership and oversight to project and/or work streams. Acts as role model, provides feedback and coaching.
- Financial management of the Project to keep overall budget within planned limit and achieve Project financial goals
- Administrates plans, risk handling, resource issues and reports to the project sponsor
- Ensure supply of project management competences and resource planning in earlier stage
- Managing the customer relation and expectations
- Analyze the customer’s business requirements
- Interfaces: internally with Project’s Sponsor, Steering Group, Customer Unit, Logistics, externally with the Customers and suppliers. And with all stakeholders over the project.
- Able to handle multiple, complex projects / engagements simultaneously.
- Ensure projects are delivered following high quality standards and best practices.
Mandatory Knowledge, Key Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of the Third platform technology.
- Experience among the following is a must (at least 2); Virtualization and Cloud Computing Solutions, Data center migration Digital applications and mobile solutions, Big data analytics and enterprise data warehousing, Agile project management, Telecom sector experience, Banking sector experience, Disaster recovery and Business Resiliency, Operating model transformation.
Highly Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Certification in project management
- Strong experience in Project Management role in technology services company
- Excellent communication skills
- Consultative skills
- Exposure to Contract negotiation and vendor management
- Proven track record of successful project delivery in complex end to end and systems integration projects, among Telecom/Oil and Gas/Financial/Governmental sectors
- Financial and analytical experience.
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize projects and/or deliverables.
- Understanding of Dell EMC's products and their value added to the customer.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management and customer’s C-level
- Ability to build consensus with Customer and Dell EMC
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup
- Hard worker, able to work in a dynamic, high pressure, and multi-tasking environment
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.