Data Centre Consultant - Senior or Intermediate Level
Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaJob ID R42078 Date posted Jul. 10, 2019
Dell EMC’s Consulting organization is focused on helping customers accelerate time to value from all Dell Technologies solutions, and is our internal partner for large-scale transformational projects.
We work with organizations around the world, in every industry, in the public and private sectors, and of every size, from startups to the Fortune Global 500. Our customers include global money center banks and other leading financial services firms, manufacturers, healthcare and life sciences organizations, internet service and telecommunications providers, airlines and transportation companies, educational institutions, and public-sector agencies.
Dell Technologies Consultant is positioned on multi large infrastructure migration engagements in the Middle East. The role is assignment-based work so you will potentially be expected to work away from home on client site.
The Consultant will be expected to define and realize to the overall technical solution or a complex part thereof including delivering the individual solution elements and liaising and building relationships with other team members be they Dell Technologies or Partners.
In general, the role will focus on driving technology transformation. For example, gathering and translating customer requirements to inform a technical DC Consolidation strategy which covers application, data and technical architecture domains including the tooling and service elements of the delivery engagement.
The successful candidate will be able to explain complex technical solutions to internal peers and external customers through workshops and presentations. To support this, the successful candidate will have an understanding of, and be able to articulate the IT transformation journey. An appreciation of methods, tools, techniques and hands-on experience across the enterprise Data Centre, Infrastructure and Application domains is highly beneficial.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to complex solutions/engagements (Data Center migration, Replatforming)
- Help define and execute the Migration process
- Assess migration feasibility, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components
- Engage with Business, infrastructure, security and IT operations teams at a customer and identify repeatable patterns to drive profitable outcomes for both the customer and Dell Technologies
- Work with large scale architectures and assist customers and other consultants define collaterals and artefacts that adhere to Dell Technologies best practices.
- Ensure solution/engagement meets Dell Technologies governance and quality standards
- Support programme/project manager in the successful delivery of the solution/engagement
- Contribute to developing of the data centre practice by sharing and actively participating
Key Candidate Attributes
- C-Level communication skills
- Pro-active and can-do attitude
- Complex problem solving and negotiation skills
- Listening, requirement gathering skills
- Very good interpersonal skills that allow the candidate to interact with clients, stakeholders, and colleagues
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt quickly to varying client cultures, workplaces, and project and role assignments
- Desire to expand and deepen current knowledgebase
- Proficient in managing expectations and establishing credibility for oneself and Dell Technologies
- Proven sense of urgency when dealing with client and internal requests
- Understand and own the program technical scope
Mandatory Knowledge, Key Skills and Experience
- Typically requires 5+ years of related experience for Intermediate Level and 8+ years or related experience for Senior level.
- Expertise as an IT transformation consultant
- Solid IT infrastructure experience (servers, storage, network, application, security, Data Protection, BC/DR)
- Demonstrable experience of managing customer relationships / consulting experience
- Proficiency in IT hardware, software and operating systems environments
- Ability to spot technical risk and issues, and propose mitigation plans
- Structured and process driven approach with great attention to the details.
- Experience in projects on integrated multi-tier solutions and in large data Centre migrations.
- Excellent Presentation skills including the development and delivery of materials
- Exposure to running effective workshops and achieving desired outcome
- Knowledge and working experience of Data Centre technologies and processes
- Broad knowledge of infrastructure technologies across server, storage, networks and management technologies with a strong appreciation of cloud strategies, tools and technologies
- Working Knowledge of Software Defined Data Centre (SDDC) and software-defined storage architectures
- Consulting experience in service provider area or on innovative platform projects (big data/mobile/social media project)
Highly Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Due to a diversified project base, five or more of the following highly desirable items may be advantageous in a Dell Technologies career:
- Consulting experience within tier 1 IT consulting firms and Solution providers
- Knowledge of Dell Technologies product portfolio
- Demonstrable experience in Microsoft, SAP or Oracle products
- Fluency in languages other than English
- Delivery of, or experience gained on projects worth 5M USD
- Certified in ITIL V3 Foundations level or TOGAF foundational level
- Experience in Automation and orchestration projects
- Experience in Development and/or support projects of IT Service Catalogues
- Experience around Cloud and virtualisation assessments and strategy design
- Experience producing enterprise transformation and migration plans, detailed instructions and schedules
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.