Cloud Consultant - Senior or Intermediate Level
Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaJob ID R40921 Date posted Jul. 10, 2019
Dell EMC’s Consulting organization is focused on helping customers accelerate time to value from all Dell Technologies solutions, and is our internal partner for large-scale transformational projects.
We work with organizations around the world, in every industry, in the public and private sectors, and of every size, from startups to the Fortune Global 500. Our customers include global money center banks and other leading financial services firms, manufacturers, healthcare and life sciences organizations, internet service and telecommunications providers, airlines and transportation companies, educational institutions, and public-sector agencies.
As a Dell EMC Consultant, the individual will lead and participate in the design, development, customization and deployment of software applications to support Dell EMC cloud business and IT transformation practices.
The candidate must demonstrate enthusiasm and drive for self-development and to become a highly regarded team member. The ideal candidate will be a proven professional with ability to develop, integrate and test workflows, possess excellent technical credentials while demonstrating a consultative approach in helping identify and solving customer’s problems. The primary responsibility will be performing both a delivery function and acting as solutions SME in our multi-cloud practice.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Well versed with the concepts of Multi-Cloud solutions, building strategies, roadmaps, design and implementation.
- Leads the development of client Multi-Cloud strategies, policies and best practices through participation in up front consulting work and planning and design meetings
- Collaborates with peers within the Multi-Cloud Infrastructure team to share lessons learned.
- Actively participates and engages with peers to establish and drive consistent standards & methods by organizing all related delivery assets and enablers for global consumption and consistency
- Offers field insight based on complex customer engagements back into the portfolio team for consideration in further development of field enablement plans (e.g. training, learning paths, labs, shadowing, etc…)
- Actively participate in the development, improvement and maturation of service offerings delivery kits and assets specific to Multi-Cloud roadmaps, business level strategy and cloud maturity planning
- Conducts a comprehensive review of new research, best practices and methodology and tool updates, leveraging DELL EMC's knowledge base as well as external sources. Documents recommended improvements to the client's program based on the findings; provides high level cost and benefits to support the recommendations.
- Partner with program/project manager to provide project oversight, governance and resource management
- Actively engage with customer's executive management to develop a cloud services strategy, cloud service portfolio and roadmap.
- Lead business requirements gathering and prioritization activities to support overall cloud solution planning & design process and delivery
- Responsible for stakeholder/executive relationship management throughout cloud engagement
- Provide technical cloud architecture leadership at an enterprise level as a member within a project team for Dell EMC’s cloud engagements
- Provide technical leadership for surrounding technical work streams within the engagement and ensure overall cohesion and integration for service delivery
- Represent the overall technical architecture for the EMC engagement to the customers architecture leadership and executives to ensure the overall solutions is fully designed and integrated to meet the needs of the customer
- Once overall architecture and integration plan is established, provide overall technical quality assurance to ensure the solution implementation adheres to the approved architecture
- Adheres to proper Escalation and Change Control procedures. Prepares, maintains and submits activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures
- Assist with helping to scope and estimate Dell EMC’s Cloud engagements requiring deep customer integration and customizations
- Develops and defines follow-on work for the Cloud Services engagements
- Performs all DELL EMC internal reporting and information-sharing as required by management; as appropriate participate in DELL EMC account planning and review sessions.
- Actively maintains relationships with Account Managers, Client Solutions Directors, and Solution Principals on key accounts
- Develops and cultivates strong customer relationships ensuring a "Customers for Life" relationship.
- Typically requires 5+ years of related experience for Intermediate level and 8+ years of related experience for Senior level.
- Professional Services/Consulting Delivery experience.
- Experience of Cloud Solutioning or Consulting.
- Strong business & process-level understanding & knowledge of Cloud concepts, industry tools & solutions
- Strong understanding and exposure to ITIL Services Strategy and Services Design IT including Financial Management & IT Operations Management Concepts and tools in relation to cloud
- Solid knowledge of cloud technologies & IT concepts
- Very strong knowledge of requirements gathering & design processes for IT and related business technology domains
- IT Cloud Infrastructure experience architecting and integrating for large enterprise environments, considering:
- Cloud infrastructure (e.g. Converged or BYO for storage, compute, network)
- Private cloud architecture for resiliency
- Cloud architecture management and Orchestration integration
- Cloud platform integrated into surrounding technologies (e.g., Service Now, BMC, other service management frameworks.
- Architecture for delivering customized Application/Platform as a service in a multi-tenant environment
- Technical architecture for chargeback/show back for service delivery
- Private cloud architecture for scale-out & integration to public cloud
- Data Center Operations experience spanning multiple locations
- Customer focus and relationship management skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Strong technical, organizational and leadership skills for Multi-Cloud solutions
- Good understanding of Enterprise architecture and Storage and Backup Replication technologies and how this are essential to Multi-Cloud solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, ability to write for both technical and senior manager levels
- Executive level negotiation skills
- Strong track record of delivering results in large complex enterprise customers
- Experience in architecture leadership that brings together and integrates solutions across multiple vendors (e.g. RSA, Pivotal, Xebia, Puppet, Brocade, Palo Alto, Service Now, Dell, VMWare)
- Demonstrates mastery of operating in complex, matrix environment
- Enterprise Architecture certification, i.e. TOGAF
- Service Management certification, ITIL v3 Foundation required
- Practical Knowledge of compliancy regimes, i.e. CIS, PCI
- Practical knowledge/experience with Organizational Change Management (OCM)
- Strong results orientation with attention to detail and quality of deliverables
- Experience leading, conducting and organizing complex customer-facing workshops & requirements gathering workstreams
- Experience creating & negotiating SOW's
- Program and project management skills, PMI certification a plus
- Ability to work as a team player and collaborate
- Ability to travel within the region as part of the role.
- Bachelors (Business/Computer Science), equivalence
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.