Product Marketing Manager--Content
Reston, VirginiaJob ID R87108 Date posted Jan. 15, 2019
Reporting into the Vice President, Product Marketing this key role will be a primary driver in development of content and tools to promote the RSA product portfolio capabilities to external audiences and our go-to-market teams. Based on Product Lifecycle milestones and compelling market themes, the candidate filling this role will develop compelling product messaging and content, go-to-market tools, and sales/partner enablement materials. Additionally, this role will work closely with other parts of marketing and directly with sales teams to support the communication of new content and tools internally. The ideal candidate will be a self-driven, results-oriented marketing and communications professional with experience and aptitude in the areas of technology and cyber security
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Product Marketing Manager on our Marketing team in Reston, VA.
As a global business with game-changing products, there’s always scope for Dell to grow sales and expand market share. So a highly skilled Product Marketing team is essential. Our team has real vision. They develop and implement strategic approaches to solutions and technology marketing that put our products and services at the forefront of our customers’ minds. Always ready to adjust strategies in response to market change and competition, the team works closely with sales, product partners and vendors. Crucially, their remit goes beyond the customer value proposition to making sure product development is informed by customer insights.
- Support the Product Marketing and Solution Marketing teams in the development and management of core product messaging and content in conjunction with new product releases and launches
- Create and maintain a continuous feedback loop with Sales teams to ensure awareness, consumption of new product content and input on additional content needs
- Support development of messaging and content that bridges product capabilities with Solution Marketing initiatives and go-to-market efforts aligned with specific market themes
- Support development and refinement of product positioning and messaging that differentiates the company’s products in the market
- Support the development and maintenance of the sales enablement strategy and assets (collateral, presentations, battle cards, demos, sales plays, etc.) and delivering field-based training when necessary, inclusive of telesales scripts and technical demonstration guidelines that help close more deals and grow revenue for RSA sales and partners
- Partner with Demand Generation to deliver compelling campaign content to target personas you specify that increase buzz and awareness with the target audience(s), drive qualified leads to the sales team and demonstrate thought leadership
Required Experience and Skills:
- 3-5 years of B2B marketing experience, at least 2+ years working directly in the technology or security markets
- Innovative and creative out-of-the-box thinker and storyteller who can leverage modern communication vehicles to disseminate messaging and content
- Clear, strong precise writing skills along with an ability to synthesize complex market and technology messages into insightful sales value drivers
- Relationship builder; dynamic, proactive, respected; good listener; values input and stimulates candid dialogue; positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Experience working across a matrixed organization and strong time management skills
- Action-oriented, positive, A+ player that is a self-starter
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re excited by the prospect of marketing ground-breaking innovations to a global audience, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.