DoD Archer Sales Specialist
Reston, VirginiaJob ID R81996 Date posted Dec. 04, 2018
At RSA, we believe in challenging the established mindsets, approaches, and product categories in the information security industry. Every product that we deliver to market is based on a core set of principles grounded in the major paradigm shifts in play and the implications that they have for our customers.
And we live by values that support our actions every day and in everything we do.
Do the right thing – by our customers, employees, and shareholders...think long-term, but take action with a sense of urgency.
What we do matters – our work makes a difference in the world.
We give a damn – about our customers, about what we’re doing, about each other...we’re in this together.
We are a fun company – building cool products with technical insight that help our customers solve meaningful problems.
We provide more than 30,000 customers around the world with essential security capabilities to protect their most valuable assets from cyber threats. With RSA’s award-winning products, organizations effectively detect, investigate, and respond to advanced attacks; confirm and manage identities; and ultimately, reduce IP theft, fraud, and cybercrime.
This is a quota carrying sales role targeting the Federal Government, more specifically: DoD for the RSA Archer eGRC Suite. The candidate is responsible for generating net new business as well as for maintaining and growing relationships with existing accounts. The candidate is responsible for the overall health and sales performance of a defined list of enterprise class accounts in defined patch. Daily responsibilities will include end user sales calls, joint account calls with various internal and external partners, cold calling, forecasting and other sales related activities. The ideal candidate would be based in the DC metro area.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve both quarterly and annual sales goals and objectives
- Responsible for the overall sales strategies and generating results across all key Accounts
- Responsible for managing environments suited to instill best practices across all key Accounts
- By leveraging appropriate RSA/EMC offerings and expertise they will endeavor to objectively address customer needs in an effort to become their Trusted Advisor
- Identify and close new information security sales for the defined account set
- Maintain current and rolling 12 month forecast and pipeline
- Manage consistent prospecting activities including but not limited to cold calling, seminar management and partnering with business partners
- Expand current customer base as well as land net new accounts and sales
- Insures high post-sales satisfaction that enables repeat business with customers
- Shorten the sales cycle by focusing the customer on core problems and solutions
- Collaborate with and manage team members to solve complex information security problems for customers
- Maintain RSA product knowledge as well as stay current with industry trends and technologies
- Crucial for success is the candidate’s ability to work with, and drive, the Virtual Team. Engaging effectively with Professional Services, CSI community, Product Management, Technical Consultants & EMC resources when required.
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to apply technology to solve business problems
- Proven ability to achieve results working with complex organizations, both internally and externally
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a matrix environment
- Ability to excel managing complex, matrixed customer and internal organization
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Ability to manage teams and resources in a highly matrix environment
- Understanding of relevant market trends and opportunities
- Excellent and proven presentation and Consultative skills
- Negotiator - can reach appropriate resolution in many varied situations without damaging internal or external relationships
- Active Secret or higher clearance
- Typically requires 8+ years of related experience in a relationship selling role with a Bachelor’s degree
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.