AWS Solutions Architect
Reston, VirginiaJob ID R1905436-2 Date posted May. 15, 2019
VMware Cloud (VMC) on AWS enables customers to consume the full range of vSphere-based infrastructure products and a broad portfolio of tightly integrated VMware SaaS services, managed through a unified control plane and common infrastructure. We are on a journey to create a common infrastructure to manage VMware’s core SDDC products for VMC on AWS, extend to VMC on Dell EMC, VMware Partner cloud, and other SDDC solutions.
The VMC on AWS team is looking for a Solutions Architect who is passionate about building and managing infrastructure and applications at scale. He/She will be responsible for VMC public sector architecture and help us drive our offering on AWS GovCloud and C2S regions.
As a Solutions Architect, you will have the opportunity to work closely with Amazon and VMware internal teams to drive features. Our Solution includes traditional Server based software, SaaS Containers, as well as the many AWS services. Your broad responsibilities will include defining implementation architectures, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert AWS services. You'll engage and influence product management and engineering teams requiring AWS expertise and in so doing you will be making a significant impact on VMC roadmap.
- Top Secret/SCI Clearance - ISA is viewed as a minimum requirement and VMware will sponsor the enhanced clearance.
- Top Secret/SCI Clearance with FS Polygraph – ISSA strongly desired.
- 10+ years design/implementation experience with distributed applications
- Extensive Experience with infrastructure / application architecture and migrations into AWS.
- Experience to dive deep in areas such as networking, security, storage, databases and AWS services
- Experience writing software in Java
- Expert knowledge in terraform/ansible.
- Technical degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
- At least one of the following certifications
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS certification on Advanced Networking or Security.
*This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware*
This position is eligible for the JoinGovCloud referral campaign