Technical Support Engineer 2
Research Triangle Park, North CarolinaJob ID R045258 Date posted Nov. 12, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Technical Support Engineer 2 on the Dell EMC Networking Support team in RTP
Join Dell and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
- Acts as a remote customer advocate to champion specific customer needs in collaboration with field team.
- Applies systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware or software systems functionality.
- Applies technical knowledge to analyze and use highly technical troubleshooting tools and content and analytical practices; uses operational and diagnostic procedures to diagnose and resolve issues in unique and often complex customer environments.
- As a 24X7X365 organization, incoming call rotation, shift work, holidays, weekends and on-call responsibilities may be required.
- Assesses when it is necessary to engage or escalate to more senior resources to resolve more complex issues.
- Contributes and develops knowledge-based articles; may perform senior or expert level tasks for assigned products and skills; prepares articles for other TSEs and/or customers regarding technical solutions.
- Determines which tool(s) to use to resolve issues including running tests and be able to identify when deviation from the available troubleshooting tools and documents is appropriate.
- Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment.
- Interfaces directly with customers at different stages of problem resolution process including understanding issues customers are facing, communicating plans for resolution, explaining developments, and conveying resolution.
- Maintains a closed-loop" communication style that ensures proper and consistent documentation in service request case notes; assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status". Manages own schedule of cases, which includes determining priority levels and negotiating and setting expectations with customers. Validates technical information and issues early warn
- Mentors and/or coaches less experienced TSEs, Helps develop and participate in presentations and informal training for other TSEs.
- Participates in eServices content creation (self-service) and maintenance such as Knowledgebase content, Support forums, etc.; regularly submits content to the knowledge database.
- Participating in and possibly leads conference calls with customers Knows their audience and articulate accordingly.
- Reviews technical solution articles for accuracy and completeness and give feedback to the authors.
- Systematically gathers relevant information and analyzes a broad range of factors while working to diagnose and resolve issues. Works toward becoming subject matter expert in an area(s).
- Proven skill troubleshooting and Configuring Network Infrastructure, Server Hardware and Operating Systems, and/or NAS/SAN Solutions
- Competent Knowledge in one or more of the following technologies, Network Switching and/or Routing, Linux, Virtualization, Data Protection such as Avamar
- Analytical ability to gather and interpret data
- Fault Isolation and Troubleshooting Methodology
- Competent knowledge of current industry products and technologies
- Customer focused Customer Service skills
- Interpersonal skills Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Presentation skills Troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of Dell Technology's products and their value added to the customer
- Knowledge of Avamar or other Data Protection Suites, replication and or clients
- Knowledge in any of the technologies, TCP/IP Networking, VMWare, Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, or CentOS), Microsoft Server OS, SAN/NAS Solutions, Modular Server Solutions, Oracle
- Certifications, such as: Network+, CCENT, CCNA or higher, LPI-2 or RHCE, VCP–DCV, VCP-NV, or equivalent
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires 2+ years of related experience in a professional role with a bachelor’s degree; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.