Software Engineer 2 - Early Career - C++
Research Triangle Park, North CarolinaJob ID R44898 Date posted Jun. 28, 2019
Software Engineer 2
Durham, North Carolina
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day.
Dell EMC Next-Gen Midrange Storage Product Engineering organization is looking for Software Engineer 2 to join our Data Path team in RTP, NC. In this role, you will work in a group of top-notch engineers working on core Data Path, IO and various high-performance capabilities and features. The successful candidate for this position is expected to have strong development and analytical skills for independently determining and developing approaches to solutions for a wide range of complex software engineering problems, and understand company goals, practices, and product strategies and apply them when resolving a variety of problems. Assignments may include new products as well as upgrades and enhancements or fixes to existing products.
Role and responsibilities:
- Design, development, debugging, and testing of new products, features, enhancements, and improvements to the Data Path software for Next-Gen Mid-range storage systems.
- Development of new software engineering methods or processes, constant re-evaluation of existing processes; design simulation and test criteria and verifies functionality and performance.
- Write specifications (Design, Unit/Integration test) and participate in software design, code, and test plan reviews.
- Follow standard engineering practices, use judgment within defined practices and procedures. Implement work-plans and schedules as assigned.
- Ability to learn and apply new tools and applications. Full use and application of standard engineering principles, theories, and concepts.
- Demonstrate self-initiative, seeks assistance when needed.
- Sphere of influence likely to extend outside the workgroup or department.
- General knowledge and application of software engineering concepts
- Highly motivated, with the ability to ramp up quickly on SW/HW architectures
- Experience in C++
- Experience in scripting languages, such as Python
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Software development experience on Linux
- Experience in developing and testing highly-performing, multi-processor/core, complex system software
- Experience with Agile, Test Driven Development, and Object-Oriented Design and Development
- Experience in Storage technologies
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS or CE
2+ years of relevant experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.