Principal Technical Content Developer
Research Triangle Park, North CarolinaJob ID R87674 Date posted Jan. 15, 2019
Technical Content Developer 4
Hopkinton, MA; RTP, NC; remote
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Technical Content Developer at Dell EMC.
Ground-breaking products deserve to be accompanied by world-class technical information. Dell customers expect nothing less. That’s where our Technical Content Development team comes in. Working side-by-side with editors and illustrators, subject matter experts and stakeholders, the team creates clear, concise and easy-to-understand content for multiple channels. It takes an ability to research, analyze and synthesize complex subject matter. And it’s all underpinned by an understanding of how our technologies work and how they benefit customers.
- Publishes content to a variety of outputs, including PDF documents, web pages, wikis, and online help
- Uses content authoring, publishing, and source control tools
- Leverages a variety of information sources (such as bug tracking tool, knowledge transfers, third-party websites, internal wiki pages, SMEs, and hands-on product use) to generate accurate, concise technical content
- Works with stakeholders to create, update and verify content for multiple, simultaneous hardware and software releases
- Develops subject-matter expertise on assigned products
- Incorporates editorial feedback that complies with Dell styles and standards
- Directs projects with minimal oversight
- Experience documenting complex hardware and software products for a technical audience
- Demonstrated experience writing clear instructions, with samples available
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate successfully with stakeholders and to learn new technologies quickly
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with a DITA/XML-based authoring system
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Understanding of the SW/HW product development lifecycle
- Advanced degrees or studies
- 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to create technical content that gives a world-class user experience to global customers, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.