Online Business Consultant
Research Triangle Park, North CarolinaJob ID R031066 Date posted Aug. 22, 2019
Founded in 1997, Dell Financial Services (DFS) facilitates customer financing of products and services sold by Dell Technologies through financing solutions for home and small businesses, educational institutions, and medium and large business customers. Our mission is "to deliver financing solutions that enable and enrich the Dell customer experience."
Online Management Consultant: Responsible for online business management, analytics, strategic planning, innovation, and thought leadership within the growing DFS Online team. This role will provide thought leadership and business judgment, helping prioritize among team initiatives to best meet online visitors’ financing needs, thereby growing the DFS business across Consumer, Small Business, and Commercial segments. This role reports directly to the DFS Online Director.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Business Management & Analysis
- Manage online business performance, analyzing weekly results, drawing upon financial and analysts’ reporting. Pinpoint business issues and opportunities. Propose action plans and owners.
- Analyze business trends, constantly targeting new business growth opportunities and risks.
- Coordinate the work of multiple online analysts, providing ongoing new business insights
Business Strategy & Planning
- Provide active thought leadership on DFS online business strategy and plans.
- Forecast online business financed revenue, including annual planning and intra-quarter outlook calls
- Prioritize competing growth initiatives, leveraging business cases.
- Estimate online initiatives’ expected upside revenue and measure actual upside revenue
- Prepare executive reviews, leveraging answer-first exec communication skills
- Represent the director in forums, giving executive updates on strategic & tactical plans, progress, next steps
- Partner exceptionally well with stakeholders, including DFS, Dell business, and IT. Leverage familiarity of online, marketing, and finance to facilitate.
- Use excellent listening, communication, presentation, and influencing skills to advance the DFS online team agenda. Be solution-oriented. Be assertive, yet always collaborative.
- Provide direction and prioritization to Analytics support teams on business needs. Provide requirements to develop and refine a rock solid business management system (BMS) spanning all business segments.
- Coordinate team initiatives and track team action items, leveraging project management skills.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
- 8-10 years professional experience
- Successful experience in online business management
- Strong understanding of online analytics
- Strong understanding of financial services products and performance metrics
- Outstanding “can do” attitude, solution-orientation
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent partnering skills
- Excellent project management skills
- High degree of comfort engaging with executives
- Strong PC skills using analysis & presentation tools (Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include the above plus:
- Masters degree in Business or a related field
- Prior finance experience
- Prior management consulting experience
- Prior leadership experience producing online analytics
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.