Cloud Delivery Manager
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, Remote - California, United States (All Other)Job ID R044652 Date posted Nov. 12, 2019
Technical Account Manager/ Senior Cloud Delivery Manager (CDM)
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
The Virtustream CDM will be responsible for managing all technical/ functional aspects of service delivery, interacting daily with one or multiple Virtustream Enterprise Class Cloud clients. The CDM will monitor client services while proactively working with clients to manage resource consumption and capacity. They will act as the single point of contact for incident management and will provide centralized coordination of all remediation efforts.
In addition to leading quarterly review meetings with our clients, the CDM will also direct strategic road map and planning efforts, create and present customized executive scorecards and brief clients semi-annually on technology and process evolution that may be of interest or benefit to them.
The CDM will also assist with client change management processes such as providing specific, short-term steps and schedules for projects or changes expected to occur within the first twelve (12) months of each plan; Budgetary cost estimates to complete such projects; Reviews of Customer’s business cases; Future volume projections, technology, and geographic changes that could impact our customer’s systems and technical architectures.
The CDM will be responsible for assisting business development in both a pre and post sales capacity and identify areas where Virtustream may be able offer improved service and/or reduce client’s operational costs throughout the engagement lifecycle.
Operational management tasks to include SLA management/compliance/reporting, contract management, proactive statistical analysis of performance data with recommendations to optimize performance and utilization, Epic best practice recommendations, status reporting via weekly checkpoint meetings, customizing billing reports, accelerated and ongoing knowledge transfer between client and corporate leadership, respond to customer inquiries and provide customer escalation, act as point of contact for RCA requests, track and report on incident and service requests and ticket aging and provide monthly reports outlining consumption of computing resources.
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 6-8 years of Managed Services experience
- Excellent knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure and migrations is required, as well as, practical or contextual understanding of cloud architecture and IaaS operations model
- Commercial experience – opportunity development, Pre-sales support, account management strategy and plan development, contract negotiation, On-boarding and Delivery.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise technology infrastructure (i.e. converged networks, Storage Area Network [SAN] servers, enterprise server software including Windows Server, Linux, and monitoring technologies)
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts, software, and systems (i.e. networking, virtualization, VMware, hyper-visors)
- Bachelors’ degree in Information Systems, Computer Science OR signification Professional experience Equivalence
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to interface with clients at the CxO level is required, previous experience preferred
- Experience with Mission Critical Applications (Financial Systems/Billing Systems/Procurement Systems, Electronic Health Records)
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.