US Escalation Manager
Raleigh, North CarolinaJob ID 1659850 Date posted Apr. 24, 2019
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You have strong communication skills that allow you to resolve a problem easier. You naturally want to take the lead in a group setting. Your ability to speak up and add organization to any situation is one of your best-developed talents. Working with enterprise clients to drive resolution of their complex issues appeals to you. You naturally advocate for the customer’s best interests. Collaborating with many organizations and partners is a comfortable environment for you.
The Escalation Management team is a part of Pivotal’s Support organization. Our passion is to provide professional management of complex customer issues. Customer satisfaction is the key driving force for the team. We support our customers 24x7 with regular shift and on-call responsibilities during some weekends. We make a consistent effort to balance the stress of customer escalations with each individual’s home life.
**PLEASE NOTE: This position will support PST time zones.
To make sure your days are energized, Pivotal provides an open-plan office space, bringing together talented, like-minded individuals who enjoy taking advantage of weekly Tech Talks, games, space to hang out, and enjoy a variety of snacks and beverages all day, every day (in Pivotal Corporate offices, a catered breakfast is served every weekday morning).
Daily team standups bring everyone together for a video call, to check in on what’s ahead, and for the global team to hand off critical client issues. Your days are full of opportunities to be helpful, learn, and share knowledge as you address customer challenges, note what you do to succeed, and share it with your colleagues.
Specific to the Escalation Management team you would meet with your peers and manager across multiple structured meetings on a weekly basis. You would interface with your peers every day through normal collaboration.
Required Skills / Experience
- Experience with managing customer escalations
- Experience within a support organization, or some customer facing role
- Project / Program Management background can contribute to success within the role
- Outspoken and a natural leader during chaotic situations
- Able to communicate with executives professionally and confidently
- The ability to communicate and drive product and process improvements through the internal feedback loop
- Strong organizational skills
- Persuasive collaborative approach to problems
- Desire and ability to become an influencer within the organization
- The ability to remain calm, steady, and consistent during stressful situations
- Commitment to problem resolution beyond the normal business day if necessary
- Create and maintain a network with other teams within Pivotal
Desired Skills / Experience
- People management experience
- Familiarity with the Agile methodology
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.