Senior PaaS Support Engineer - Cloud Foundry
Raleigh, North CarolinaJob ID 1719658 Date posted Aug. 13, 2019
About Us VIDEO
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to make software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You understand enterprise customer expectations of the software support experience and judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of your customers. Maybe you’re interested in working directly with enterprise clients to replicate, troubleshoot, and resolve their technical issues, or perhaps you enjoy working under pressure, helping people in high impact situations. Either way, you thoughtfully assist each customer by listening, connecting the dots, documenting the situation and solution, and engaging more experienced team members as needed.
You are interested in continuously improving yourself, our support systems and products by taking training, reporting defects, and collaborating with engineering and operations to triage customer issues.
In Pivotal Support, we are passionate about providing our software customers with the highest level of service. We work in small teams around the globe, supporting customers 24x7. We believe in doing the right thing and working at a sustainable pace; typically 8 hours each day with occasional weekend support rotations.
We are also passionate about our people, building on individual strengths, and encouraging continuous learning and certifications. And, when you’re off work, we want you to relax, recharge, and refocus.
To make sure your days are energized, Pivotal provides an open-plan office space, bringing together talented, like-minded support engineers who enjoy taking advantage of weekly Tech Talks, games, space to hang out, and enjoy a variety of snacks and beverages all day, every day (in Pivotal Corporate offices, a catered breakfast is served every weekday morning).
Daily team standups bring everyone together for a video call, to check in on what’s ahead, and for the global team to hand off critical client issues.
Your days are full of opportunities to be helpful, learn, and share knowledge as you address customer challenges, note what you do to succeed, and share it with your colleagues.
On Fridays, some Pivots meet for Whiskey Club or karaoke.
Required Skills / Experiences
Our team members are all familiar, skilled, and/or experienced in some of the following:
- One or more of the Linux operating systems, network administration, and networking protocols/functions (e.g., HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, SMTP, DNS)
- Iaas/Cloud Infrastructure (e.g., AWS, Azure, OpenStack, vSphere, etc.)
- Reading, understanding and making small changes to moderately complex applications written in one of the following languages: Ruby, Python Rails, GO, NodeJS, and especially .NET and/or Java
- Container technologies such as Docker or container orchestration tools like CoreOS, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, etc.
- Software development practices, git workflows, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- This role will support US government clients that require US citizenship. Given this, US citizenship is required in order to be considered.
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Automation tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Saltstack, Mesos or similar technologies
- Ticketing systems such as Zendesk, Jira, Desk.com, Salesforce Service Cloud, Freshdesk
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.