Pune, IndiaJob ID R1903516 Date posted Mar. 13, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We empower our customers by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Ranked on the Forbes 100 Most Innovative Companies in the World list. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design, implementation, documentation of system architecture initiatives and full product development life cycles.
- Collaborate with project team members and cross functional product teams to execute product goals.
- Push the envelope in adopting new technologies, best design practices to ensure our products are the best.
- Innovate and coach others to innovate.
- Provide technical leadership to other team members and be a team player.
- Lead design and code reviews with a major focus on performance, scalability and future expansion
- Formal degree in computer science or equivalent, masters degree in computer science preferred
- 12+ years of experience in developing distributed, multi-tier enterprise applications, APIs.
- Fully participated as a technical lead in several major product development cycles.
- Solid background in design, OOP, object and data modeling
- Deep working knowledge of Java, Spring, Relational Database, NoSQL
- Experience in design and implementation of service interface and public APIs
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Virtualization technologies, core networking, security management are all big plus
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills