Analyst, IT Security (SOC Operations) - Secureworks- Pune, India
Pune, IndiaJob ID R031711 Date posted Sep. 10, 2019
Security Operations Centre (SOC) Analyst - Pune, IN
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
As a Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst within SecureWorks’ Managed Security Services (MSS) division you will aid in the management and monitoring of client IDS, IPS, firewall, DDoS mitigation, UTM, log management, and other devices.
Working in a security operations center environment with fellow security and networking professionals you will gain the skills necessary to identify client security breaches and act as a security advocate for a number of well-established global enterprise clients. You will leverage various internal platforms and use your in-depth understanding of exploits and vulnerabilities in order to provide network and data security for our clients.
You will be responsible for performing highly detail-oriented work that involves performing security threat analysis of various malware and web attacks, scheduling IDS signature platform updates and working with clients to remediate security related issues based on operational needs.
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Security Analyst is a member of a team who proactively manages IT security on behalf of customer to reduce the impact of security incidents and system compromises. The successful candidate will provide security monitoring, event analysis, and countermeasure proposals. This position requires shift work in a 24/7/365 environment.
Client is a Financial Sector MNC.
Positions are based in Pune, India.
Shift is 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week.
2-4 years in SOC, Incident Response, Security Analysis, Security Monitoring, Security Incident Management.
Role and Responsibilities:-
• Recognize successful cyber intrusions and compromises through log review and analysis of relevant event detail information.
• Launch and track security investigations to resolution. Recognize cyber attacks based on their signatures. Differentiate the false positives from true intrusion attempts and help remediate / prevent.
• Analyze and assess security incidents and escalate to client resources or appropriate internal teams for additional assistance.
• Actively investigate the latest in security vulnerabilities, advisories, incidents, and penetration techniques and notify client when appropriate.
• Perform tasks as identified in a Security Operations Process Manual and runbooks.
• Coordinate with Client's internal teams for relevant security incident investigations.
• Customer-oriented with a strong interest in client satisfaction.
• The ability to learn new technology and concepts quickly
• Contribute individually for continuous improvement, being a role model to others.
• BE / B. Tech / MCA or graduate with relevant IT & Cyber security experience
• Must have at least 4 years of experience working in SOC environment.
• Knowledge of the following:-
SIEM, IDS/IPS, Endpoint Protection, Firewalls, Proxy
Security Analysis, Forensics, Incident Response, Pentesting, Vulnerability Assessment
• Hands on knowledge of implementation and management of Intrusion detection systems (IDS/IPS), Firewall, VPN, and other security products is an added advantage.
• Should have good knowledge on TCP/IP network traffic and event log analysis,
• Certifications Preferred:
Comptia Security +
• Good communication & presentation skills.
Secureworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.