Software Senior Principal Engineer
Pune, IndiaJob ID R64675 Date posted May. 02, 2019
Software Senior Principal Engineer:
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Principal Engineer.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
About Business Unit:
Isilon Systems, a division of DELL EMC Corporation, is the leader in scale-out storage systems. Our clustered storage and data management solutions drive unique business and economic value for customers by maximizing the performance of their mission critical applications, workflows, and processes. Isilon enables enterprises and research organizations world-wide to manage massive and rapidly growing amounts of file based data in a highly-scalable, easy-to-manage, and cost effective way.
Our team builds NextGen Web applications that provide real time performance monitoring, reporting, analytics and troubleshooting information on various Dell EMC products in the Unstructured Data Storage domain. Some of the products for which we are currently building the NextGen Web applications are Dell EMC’s Isilon scale-out NAS platform and Dell EMC’s Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS).
As a Software Principal Engineer, you will drive efforts across development, validation and devops teams to accelerate product feature delivery to our customers. You will need to successfully deliver customer-facing functionality for well-defined features in a team environment and are expected to be familiar with state-of-the-art tools and processes; and have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Possess a strong aptitude for exploring new technologies and understanding how to apply them to new products, tools, and customer-facing support scenarios.
- Design and develop solutions to complex technical problems spanning the development of product features, quality validation, and deployment to customers.
- Provide leadership on the best practices for UI/UX design & continually improve upon the usability aspects of the web application.
- Build highly scalable UI/Web applications that are designed for high performance.
- Participate actively in design and code reviews.
- Build smart processes that enable delivery of quality software with high velocity, and ensure that team members understand and follow processes.
- Contribute visibly to the relentless pursuit of product quality, innovation, and customer-centric design across the engineering organization.
- Lead, motivate and direct team members to build high quality software in a fast paced agile environment.
- Mentor and provide technical solutions to the team members.
- Share experiences and skills to aid team members in enhancing their professional skills and career.
- Demonstrate excellent collaboration and communication skills as you obtain requirements, build a detailed design, and deliver a high-quality implementation of your software solutions.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, and 8+ years of industry experience.
- Experience shipping software with Agile practices and tools.
- Demonstrated passion, perseverance, and dedication.
- Hands on experience in designing applications on Java and/or Unix/Linux platform (including shell scripting).
- Proven hands-on experience in developing secure and scalable web applications using one or more of the following frameworks & libraries like React and Redux, Spring MVC, JSF, Bootstrap, EXT JS, AngularJS, GWT, Backbone.js etc.
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for Web & UI components.
- Knowledge of UI and usability best practices/standards, cross-browser compatibility etc.
- Experience with tools and technologies associated with building continuous delivery pipelines.
- Experience in building Web services using SOAP and RESTful API’s.
- Experience in one or more unit test frameworks.
- Experience with git and Jenkins.
- Candidates may also possess any of these highly desired skills:
- Familiarity with C++ and C
- Experience working with file systems
- Previous experience working on IT infrastructure products
- Knowledge on Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc)
- Industry knowledge on cloud APIs, i.e AWS, vSphere/vCloud, OpenStack
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the Principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.