Senior Solutions Architect
Pune, IndiaJob ID 1763616 Date posted Aug. 08, 2019
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
A Pivotal Solutions Architect is responsible for designing and supporting the delivery of complex Pivotal solutions to customers.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Architect and design innovative enterprise level solutions based on the Pivotal software stack
- Utilize, create and apply best practices of Platform as a Service design and implementation
- Be a Subject Matter Expert and a trusted advisor to customers in PaaS and cloud applications design
- Present industry thought-leadership and Pivotal use-cases/IP to influence and align customers to Pivotal outcomes.
- Author diagrams and tender responses, create whitepapers and contribute to company and industry content forums.
- Adhere to time, cost and quality constraints of each project including quality documentation and deliverables
- Contribute to the progression of the Professional Services team by sharing IP, advising best practices and delivering the best possible solutions
- Achieve productive and billable utilisation targets and support sales of professional services
- Work with internal stakeholders such as Field Engineering, Customer Success and Product Management to provide a consensus-based enterprise solutions and feedback into the overall product roadmap.
- Build community knowledge and skills in Pivotal capabilities including supporting PoC’s, training and mentoring.
Mandatory Skills and Knowledge
- Experienced Software Solutions Architect with demonstrated skills in designing PaaS solutions, enterprise middleware and Java Spring-based mission critical applications
- Knowledge of Java frameworks and libraries (Spring, Hibernate, J2EE, JDBC, JMS, JMX, etc.)
- Experience with data solutions (either in-memory data fabrics, MPP d/b or HDFS) is a plus
- Consultative approach - the ability to analyse and resolve complex problems in collaboration with customers and colleagues
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
- Excellent presentation skills – preparing and delivering presentations to senior executives
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills (English required)
- Project planning and delivery experience
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Prepared to travel up to 25% of role
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Vertical Expertise – subject matter expertise in financial, retail, government/federal, telecom,
- Prior experience with MPP Database technologies (Greenplum Database, Netezza, Teradata, Paraccel, or Asterdata, etc.) would be an advantage
- Knowledge of in-memory data grids (GemFire, Coherence, Terracotta, Gigaspaces, etc) would be an advantage
- Knowledge and hands on experience with the Apache Hadoop stack, including Hadoop, HDFS, Oozie, Pig, and Hive would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Cloud Foundry platform would be an advantage
- Experience with analytical solutions as SAS, Madlib, R would be an advantage