Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore, India, Pune, IndiaJob ID R039881 Date posted Oct. 14, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Software Quality Engineer on our Software Quality team in Bangalore
Our Software Quality Engineering team ensures that our next-generation software is of the highest quality. We conduct a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that our software meets or exceeds end-user requirements. We debug software products, oversee the development of test plans, ensure system tests are documented, analyze the results, provide feedback to developers and make sure that all problems are resolved. We also select testing specifications for new products and ensure testing procedures comply with industry-specific standards.
- Leading and testing of Backup/Recovery software features/solutions for external clients based on detailed specifications from technology/systems consultants.
- Solving complex technical problems under limited supervision in the sphere of work.
- Test development – Ability to develop test cases for completely new feature/functionality and value add for existing test cases.
- Test Planning – Develop efficient and optimized test plan.
- Product delivery – Project planning, test estimation, test plan development, defect identification, follow up, closure of issues, reporting and status updates.
- Conducting automation - Capable of creating new test automation tests , capable of improving framework and fixing existing automated tests.
- Process improvement and project level innovations (usability, TCE, Feature Enhancements, documentation changes etc.)
- Excellent functional testing skills along with good knowledge of engineering process (Ex: Agile, Waterfall, etc.).
- Strong working experience on Linux OS and its applications.
- Experience in Python scripting.
Responsible for participating in the execution of procedures for ensuring the quality and serviceability of new features and release of software
Authors and executes test cases, using defined methodologies for manual and/or automated tests.
Responsible for updating methods and procedures to ensure continuous improvement to software quality assurance and serviceability standards.
- Good English communication and writing skills
- Working knowledge of Backup/Recovery domain is highly preferred.
- Experience in coding language – Java and associated tools/framework - Eclipse.
- Strong knowledge on – VMWARE and Hyper-V is highly preferred.
- Strong familiarity with QA practices and principals is a plus.
- Localization, internationalization, security testing experience is a plus.
- Good to have experience in non-functional testing is a plus.
- Proficiently use tools/framework like – Bugzilla, QC, QFS, TestNG etc.
- Previous demonstration of innovation streak will be a plus.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can drive the continuous improvement of our software quality standards, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: Dec 2019
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.