Senior Engineer, Service Delivery
Pune, IndiaJob ID R028274 Date posted Aug. 12, 2019
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Dell EMC Managed Services span infrastructure, engineered solutions, and end users. Engineered Solutions encompasses our expertise in cloud solutions comprised of different best-of-breed products from Dell Technologies businesses such as Virtustream, VMware, and Pivotal. These cloud platforms include Dell EMC Converged Infrastructure, Hybrid Cloud and Native Hybrid Cloud with VMware and Pivotal. Within the Infrastructure Managed Services at Dell EMC, we are looking for a Senior Engineer, Service Delivery to join our team in Pune
Company Details: Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Why Work for Us: Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition: Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Job Summary:The Dell EMC Senior Engineer, Service Delivery is responsible for providing remote management, administration, support and ongoing maintenance of Vblock environments within a customer’s Vblock Infrastructure Platform in a 24x7x365 environment. This role must be able to understand, execute and document moderate to complex operational tasks and work requests that are assigned and have experience in moderate to complex research and fact finding using various tools and informational sources. The role will be responsible for leading and participating in complex projects across various customer segments.
- 4+ years’ experience with VMware ESXi, ESX 5.x, vCenter 5.x is strongly desired. This experience should include the planning, deployment, configuration and administration of host systems and virtual machines
- 2+ years of Experience in supporting Converged/Hyperconverged products such as VBlock, VxRail nodes, VxRack,Dell Management & TOR Switches, vRealize, NSX-V, NSX-T, EMC Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS)
- 2+ years’ experience working with enterprise storage platforms (EMC)
- 2+ years’ experience with Cisco networking, Security strongly and Cisco UCS desired. This experience should include the planning, deployment, configuration and administration of networks and virtual private networks.
- 2+ years of any UNIX or Linux experience is desired
- 2+ years working directly with the implementation and administration of Microsoft Windows 2008/R2 server systems, both virtual and physical
- 4+ years or more of IT Service Management, data center, server, and storage management, virtualization, Citrix, networking, systems management, and/or project management are recommended
- Strong technical experience with industry standard x86_X64 server hardware
- Excellent customer service skills with strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
- Previous experience working in an operations center is strongly desired
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule that may include nights, weekends or holidays as required
- Must be process and detail oriented with the ability to multitask
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills with the ability to determine problems and act without supervision
- Must be self-motivated and eager to learn new technologies and skills to better assist customers
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Provide support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Perform preventative maintenance (and upgrade, as required) on devices, and related peripherals to meet IT specifications
- Identify system performance issues and drives the development of tools to correct
- Ensure that the technical environment is properly monitored and that any problems are rectified
- Coordinate all hardware and software problems or repairs channelled through outside vendors and service providers
- Perform systems/software administration, backup/recovery monitoring, problem resolution, and change management
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
- The work environment is 24/7 rotating shifts and will cover weekends and weekdays.
- Regular tracking, hand off or receive open ticket information during shift turnover changes and facilitate knowledge transfer
- Follow defined operating procedures to ensure that clients, systems and information are properly followed
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) preferred
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) preferred
- EMCSA, EMCTA Storage Certifications preferred
- Experience dealing with Cisco UCS
- ITIL v3 Foundation preferred
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.