Security Splunk Engineer
Pune, IndiaJob ID R68674 Date posted May. 16, 2019
Consultant - Cyber security and operations
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
This position is part of the Virtustream Cloud Security Intelligence and Operations Center team, which is responsible for supporting security in a complex multi-service, multi-cloud environment. Virtustream Security Engineers are expected to always think and act in a proactive manner with our customer's interests in mind. They should be seeking to drive resolution of security issues and identify areas for improvement or automation.
This position will oversee development, implementation, and execution of security projects and assignments related to Virtustream’s Splunk SIEM solution. The candidate will work in a dynamic, growing organization that is currently building and operating multiple complex environments.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support for Information Security requests: Review security policy clarifications and exception requests; lead Security projects; triage general security questions from other internal teams.
- Analyze network and host-based security logs to identify potential security threats.
- Participate in incident response and triage
- Participate in an on-call rotation including after hours and weekends to support critical security issues.
- Drive down mean time to resolution for all Security work.
- Help drive the Splunk architecture design, deployment and configuration efforts in various cloud environments following best practices.
- Onboard logs and configuring index/source types from endpoint, security and network sources.
- Develop custom Splunk apps and/or add-ons.
- Use SPL search commands to develop advanced dashboards, reports and alerts.
- Configure and administer Splunk Enterprise Security.
- Use Splunk API to integrate with other security tools.
- Continuously create and review documentation for Security Operations procedures.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 3+ years of experience with Splunk
- Regex and Python scripting
- Basic Linux administration
- Experience scripting and software automation (Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Experience with some of the following types of technologies:
- Firewalls, both network and host based
- Application or web content filtering
- File Integrity Monitoring
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- College degree with an IT or Security focus
- Splunk certification
- Experience with some of the following technologies is highly desirable:
- VMWare products
- RSA Security Analytics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of personalities and people
- Flexible, Dependable, and Self-motivated
- Willingness to learn new skills from senior peers
- Willingness to coach and mentor junior peers
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to work on diverse and highly complex information security problems, this is your opportunity to develop with Virtustream a Dell Technology Company.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.