Pune, IndiaJob ID R69263 Date posted May. 16, 2019
Consultant - Cyber Security
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
This position is part of the Virtustream Cloud Security Operations team, which is responsible for supporting security in a complex multi-service, multi-cloud environment. Virtustream Security Consultants are expected to always think and act in a proactive manner with our customer's interests in mind. They should be seeking to drive resolution of security issues and identify areas for improvement or automation. The candidate will work in a dynamic, growing organization that is currently building and operating multiple complex environments.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide High Level Support for Information Security requests to Virtustream's Security Team: Review security policy clarifications and exception requests; Lead Security projects under the direction of a Manager or Consultant; triage general security questions from other internal teams.
- Identify Security Requirements and Solutions, especially those related to Audit Compliance.
- Architect, Engineer, and Implement Security Monitoring Solutions. These include Network IDS/IPS, Host Based Security Software, Web Application Firewalls, Firewall Policy Audit Reporting, and Log Monitoring/Alerting.
- Prepare and Document Solution Implementations, including stepwise implementation, Diagrams, and troubleshooting.
- Provide Security Infrastructure Support in incident response and triage. Assist analysts with information gathering utilizing deployed Security Infrastructure.
- Develop Technical Solutions and new Security Tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate such deployments.
- Partner with Solution Vendors to maintain current infrastructure and deploy new infrastructure, including opening Support Tickets.
- Provide Financial Analysis of Security Infrastructure, including forecasting for maintenance, growth, etc.
- Assist GRC Team with Audit Evidence and Artifact Collection and automate repeatable steps.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Industry Certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, etc.
- 8+ years of experience with different aspects of Information Security including knowledge of network, web and platform technologies and secure application development methods.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) Degree in IT or Security Discipline
- Familiarity with Network Protocols
- Ability to obtain required government clearances
- Extensive Knowledge of the Linux and Windows Operating systems
- Extensive Experience scripting and software automation (Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Knowledge of Cryptographic protocols and protection technology
- Knowledge of Network, OS, and Software Attacks and Countermeasures
- Experience Leading and Managing Information Security Team(s).
- Extensive Administration and Troubleshooting of some of the following types of technologies:
- SIEM – Logging and Alerting with Actionable Intelligence
- Firewalls, both network and host based
- IDS/IPS, both network and host based
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Web Application Firewall
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with a broad range of personalities and people
- Flexible, Dependable and Self-motivated
- Willingness to learn new skills from senior peers
- Willingness to coach and mentor other Security Engineers
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.