Principal Engineer, Service Delivery
Pune, IndiaJob ID R40177 Date posted Mar. 28, 2019
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Dell EMC Managed Services span infrastructure, engineered solutions, and end users. Engineered Solutions encompasses our expertise in cloud solutions comprised of different best-of-breed products from Dell Technologies businesses such as Virtustream, VMware, and Pivotal. These cloud platforms include Dell EMC Converged Infrastructure, Hybrid Cloud and Native Hybrid Cloud with VMware and Pivotal. Within the Infrastructure Managed Services at Dell EMC, we are looking for a Principal, Service Delivery to join our team in Pune
Company Details: Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Why Work For Us: Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition: Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Job Summary: The role will be expected to work in a positive and collaborative fashion with fellow team members, senior engineering/architect staff, vendors, and customers. The Infra Delivery Specialist will assist with process maturation, development, technical standards creation, and drive operational excellence through consistent delivery and best practices. This role will also include the core fundamentals of day-to-day operations, based off the ITIL v3 methodology.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, infrastructure resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Perform preventative maintenance (and upgrade, as required) on infrastructure, and related peripherals to meet IT specifications
- Identify system performance issues and drives the development of tools to correct
- Coordinate all hardware and software problems or repairs channelled through outside vendors and service providers
- Perform systems/software administration, backup/recovery monitoring, problem resolution, and change management
- Apply upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
- The work environment is 24/7 rotating shifts and will cover weekends and weekdays.
- Regular tracking, hand off or receive open ticket information during shift turnover changes and facilitate knowledge transfer
- Follow defined operating procedures to ensure that clients, systems and information are properly followed
- 10+ years’ experience with Cisco Data Centre networking / Enterprise networking, Security strongly. This experience should include the planning, deployment, configuration and administration of Networks and Security.
- 8+ years’ experience with Cisco networking, Security including firewall management and installation.
- 6+ years or more of IT Service Management, data centre, server, and storage management, virtualization, Citrix, networking, systems management, and/or project management are recommended
- Strong technical experience with industry standard x86_X64 server hardware
- Previous experience working in an operations centre is strongly desired
- Must be self-motivated and eager to learn new technologies and skills to better assist customers
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) mandatory.
- Mandatory Knowledge of Dell Switches
- Mandatory knowledge of NSX-V
- Hands on NSX-T experience preferred
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) preferred
- EMCSA, EMCTA Storage Certifications preferred
- Experience dealing with Cisco UCS
- ITIL v3 Foundation preferred
- Excellent customer service skills with strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.