Member of Technical Staff
Pune, IndiaJob ID R1910465 Date posted Jul. 12, 2019
VMware is looking for software engineers who are interested in joining NSBU DevOps Team. The ideal candidate is someone who has a wide variety of experience ranging from Linux system administration, networking skills, object oriented programming, Web app development, virtualization software, building clouds/cloud administration.
We are looking for a person who is passionate about building efficient infrastructure for building & testing enterprise scale software. This engineer is creative and eager to take on the challenge of building, testing and managing distributed infrastructure. Use computer science and latest software development methodologies rather than merely hacking together yet another script.
You will participate in many innovative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a fast paced and technically driven environment. You’ll be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success culture.
This is a rewarding position for people who love to problem solve, revel in figuring out complex problems, work with core infrastructure, and have a thirst for learning.
• Strong coding skills in Python with emphasis on writing modular, scalable code.
• Ability to read and debug C/C++ code will be a plus.
• Familiarity with common unit test frameworks in C++, Python, Java
• Familiarity with code coverage tools in C++, Python, Java
• Communication skills for a highly collaborative software development process.
• Excellent verbal communication, analytical skill and critical thinking.
• Experience with Git, Perforce
• Experience with build tools like Makefile, Ant, Maven, Bazel
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with Python, Perl, Shell Scripts
• Experience with Django, BuildBot, Python based testing frameworks.
• Develop scalable build and testing infrastructure.
• Develop test metric reporting system to including test progress, results, and code coverage.
• Strong passion for developing new software - fast. Participate in code reviews.
• Participate in the architecture, design, and implementation of next generation Testing infrastructure
• Communicate with all stakeholders and team members and provide updates perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
A Computer Science or related undergraduate and/or master’s degree is required. Any other demonstrated high technology aptitude is desired.