Manager 2, SQA Engineering - Isilon
Pune, IndiaJob ID R32732 Date posted Mar. 20, 2019
Manager 2, Software Quality Engineering
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Manager 2 on our Software Quality Engineering - Isilon team in Pune, India.
Our Software Quality Engineering team ensures that our next-generation software is of the highest quality. We conduct a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that our software meets or exceeds end-user requirements. We debug software products, oversee the development of test plans, ensure system tests are documented, analyze the results, provide feedback to developers and make sure that all problems are resolved. We also select testing specifications for new products and ensure testing procedures comply with industry-specific standards.
· Lead a quality engineering team of 8-15 engineers focused on system, product and cross-product level testing.
· Demonstrate experience in test engineering including test planning, tracking, reporting and automation.
· Demonstrated experience attracting, developing, and retaining professional talent within a highly competent team of software engineers.
· Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills across multiple teams enabling engineers to obtain accurate requirements, derive detailed designs, and produce high quality implementations.
· Contribute to the culture of quality throughout our broader engineering organization.
· Possess a strong aptitude exploring new technologies and understanding how to apply them to new product releases and in customer facing support scenarios.
· BS in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent experience
· 11+ years of experience in testing software, preferably in a
cross platform environment (Windows, Unix)
· Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), testing methodologies, QA terminology, processes and procedures
· Experience in hiring and performance management of software engineering teams.
· Experience with defect management, test case management and reporting and tracking tools.
· Experience with test automation and automation frameworks.
· Strong knowledge in storage technologies as well as strong Unix/Linux knowledge. Windows system skills a plus.
· Solid experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Perl, sh/bash scripting, Java or C.
· Strong ability to quickly learn new technology and new products.
· Ability to work in a demanding environment while ensuring the highest quality of work.Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can drive the continuous improvement of our software quality standards, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.