AppDefense Quality Engineering
Pune, IndiaJob ID R1901336 Date posted Mar. 13, 2019
VMware is the pioneer of the Software Defined Data Center and is investing in the development of next generation security technologies that take advantage of the virtualization layer for improved security of both desktops and servers. VMware is looking for candidates that can contribute to these projects at all stages: research, analysis, prototyping and development for multiple groups in the Networking and Security business unit of VMware.
The Security Virtualization at VMware leverages the hypervisor privileged layer to provide multiple vantage points into memory, CPU and I/O enabling novel ways of malware detection and remediation. The NSX Networking and Security Solutions team is working to expand the existing VMware Security API and provide increased levels of context without compromising performance, while maintaining the security advantaged of the higher-privilege. NSX Endpoint security covers areas such as anti-malware protection, OS kernel integrity, black-listing and white-listing approaches, anti-rootkit protection, code injection, remediation and context aware firewalling.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Quality Engineering Developer, you will participate in and provide technical expertise in writing repeatable test automation frameworks and test cases that include functional, system and performance tests;
• Define test strategies; design and implement test automation framework and automate tests for the next generation of Security solutions for the Software Defined Data Center.
• Integrate the automation environment with various test reporting frameworks
• Analyze functional requirements for the product; understand customer use case scenarios
• Own the automation development and execution test setups and templates
• Design, implement, execute and maintain manual and automated tests in Python, C and Java
• Participate in bug triage activities; manage bugs, drive the activities for the bug to get a closure
• Interact with Development and QE teams, Documentation, Release Engineering, Product Management to execute and ensure that product goals are met on time and with high quality.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering from a reputable university
• 6-10 years of industry experience with at least 3 years in working on rich automation frameworks and implementing test automation for endpoint security solutions such as antivirus engines, host based IPS or IDS
• Understanding of the security space including aspects of desktop and server security in at least one of the following areas
a. Exploitation techniques
b. Protection technologies and products
c. Vulnerabilities assessment and exploits analysis
• Experience of automating the tests to verify kernel modules or guest agent software on windows and windows device drivers.
• Passion for automation and quality engineering; Solid understanding of QE methodologies and Software Engineering
• Ability to learn about software products by reading manuals, installing and managing various test automation and execution software used in lifecycle of Quality Engineering
• Strong testing, test automation, debugging and documentation skills
• Be organized, self-motivated and proactively manage time and tasks
• Test automation methodologies; Programming skills in both Python and C/C++.
• Excellent communication skills
Key Skills: Python and C/ C++, Test automation, automation frameworks, Debugging and troubleshooting.
Other Skills (Expertise in at least one of the following): Understanding of one or more various Security solutions (A/V, Firewall, Vulnerability Management, Sensitive data scanning, ATP, Web Security)