Advisor, IT Security
Pune, IndiaJob ID R43677 Date posted May. 16, 2019
Advisor - IT Security
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
This position is part of the Virtustream Cloud Security Operations team which is responsible for supporting security in a complex multi-service, multi-cloud environment. Virtustream Security Analysts and Advisors are expected to always think and act in a proactive manner with our customer's interests in mind. They should be seeking to drive resolution of security issues and identify areas for improvement or automation. The candidate will work in a dynamic, growing organization that is currently building and operating multiple complex environments.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Level 1 support for Information Security requests to Virtustream's Security Team: Review security policy clarifications and exception requests; assist in Security projects under the direction of a Manager, Consultant, or Sr. Advisor Security Engineer; triage general security questions from other internal teams.
- Monitor and analyze network traffic and IDS alerts
- Analyze network and host-based security logs to determine and identify potential security threats.
- Participate in incident response and triage
- Participate in an on call rotation including after hours and weekends to support critical security issues.
- Drive down mean time to resolution for all Security Operations LODO (Lights On Doors Open) work.
- Continuously create and review documentation for Security Operations procedures.
- Work with the GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance) team to develop the policies, standards and procedures related to Security Management.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Industry Certification such as Security+, SSCP, CEH, etc.
- Industry Certifications such as CISSP, CISA, GCIA, GCIH, etc. are a plus
- 1-4 years of experience with different aspects of Information Security including knowledge of network, web and platform technologies and secure application development methods.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP protocol
- Ability to obtain required government clearances
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Experience scripting and software automation (Python, Perl, Ruby) is a plus
- Experience with some of the following types of technologies:
- SIEM – Splunk(most preferred), Arcsight, QRadar, etc
- Firewalls, both network and host based
- Application or web content filtering
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of personalities and people
- Flexible, Dependable and Self-motivated
- Willingness to learn new skills from senior peers
- Willingness to coach and mentor new security analysts
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to work on diverse and highly complex information security problems, this is your opportunity to develop with Virtustream a Dell Technology Company.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.