Security Services Specialist – Secureworks – Atlanta, GA or Providence, RI
Providence, Rhode IslandJob ID R91694 Date posted Feb. 09, 2019
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world.Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
We are looking for a new graduate who is eager to make a difference in the cyber security industry. If you love working in a team environment and passionate about technology this job will be the stepping stone to a career in Cyber Security. You will work in a 24X7 Security Operations Center, the Security Services Specialist answers inbound phone calls, addresses customer emails, triage service requests, and provides day to day support for the neighboring teams within Secureworks’ Security Operations Team.
- Work in a shift-based schedule within a 24X7 Security operations Center- Be able to work a schedule that encompasses minimally working a weekend day in addition to being available during off-hours as required
- Take ownership of, triage, and update tickets generated by a CRM ticketing system
- Respond to inbound phone and electronic requests for technical assistance with Secureworks products
- Manage all customer situations in a professional and courteous business manner with an emphasis on customer satisfaction. Assess and escalate to next level as needed
- Keep customers abreast of problem status, set clear expectations and provide timely follow-up to customers on a daily basis
- Meet service level agreements regarding response time and customer notification as it pertains to Secureworks’ Managed Security Services
- Respond to customer requests for assistance on the Secureworks portal in a timely manner
- Document all communications with customers and interdepartmental constituents related to outstanding technical issues in order to escalate to next level
- Utilize internal guidelines for effective call processing and escalation of reported problems
- Remotely assist with basic technical support related the management and monitoring of customer security devices; this support will include, but not be limited to, assisting customers with the replacement of defective security devices, setting up read-only accounts to 3rd party management consoles, modifying customer portal account views, etc.
- Generate and update technical documentation as required.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and customer care skills by documenting all analysis work performed. Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management
As a managed security provider, SecureWorks expects its employees to understand and apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 800-53. Employees will be expected to acknowledge their security responsibilities in writing prior to gaining access to company systems. Employees will be required to maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned.
- 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience; undergraduate degree and 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of intrusion detection, firewall operations, and other
- general security practices, Unix/Linux OS and computer network fundamentals
- Working knowledge/experience of network systems, security principles, and applications
- Knowledge of client service principles and commitment to client service
- Knowledge of general software and internet applications
- Experience with a software company or ‘security’ specific previous role
Providence, RI; Atlanta, GA
Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.