Staff, Solutions Consultant- Global Accounts
Pleasanton, CaliforniaJob ID R1901152-2 Date posted Feb. 11, 2019
Global Solution Consultant (GSC) Job Description
We are looking for a highly motivated Global Solution Consultant to join our team in Houston, TX or San Ramon, CA.
The VMware Global Account Program serves approximately 100 of VMware’s largest customers. These premier accounts are managed by teams of experienced Global Account Managers (GAM) and Global Solution Consultants (GSCs) with the objective to establish a significant VMWare footprint in the largest and most influential corporations worldwide. Our selling is focused on our customers primary business initiatives and connecting our value to our customers business value. Our Value Selling strategy is the investment of time, talent and technology from VMWare and our partners to invent (transform) our customers business for their benefit. This strategic objective is being accomplished using a highly focused and experienced account management, marketing, and engineering teams, as well as substantial executive level engagement.
The GSC is responsible for the overall customer journey, influencing technology and innovation decisions to accelerate business outcomes. The GSC takes a consultative approach fostering deep customer relationships and long-term strategies. In close partnership with the GAM, the GSC inspires the vision and orchestrates the execution of extended team resources globally to drive results. Through all stages of the customer journey, the GSC maintains oversight: generating initial demand, creating a transformation strategy, validating complex solutions, demonstrating a tangible business case, and measuring value realization to the customer.
- Consultative Seller: Able to understand customer needs and drive transformational approach with C-level and LOBs
- Business Acumen: Understands of the customer’s strategy, business objectives and organizational structure and can map IT and line of business goals to differentiated capabilities aligned to business outcomes.
- Challenger: Able to push the customer's thinking through a value-centric conversation educating them on new ways our solutions can provide benefits to their company
- Innovative: Adapts communication and influencing styles to suit different audiences and capable of introducing new ideas or methods internally and to the customer
- Negotiator: Does not simply sell on price but negotiates value to outcomes; Understands the legal and contractual implications of the negations as well as financial.
- Executive Presence: Possesses a blend of temperament, competencies and skills that empower the ability to command a room and hold business-led conversations at the C- level
- Globally-Minded: Understands the global aspects and cultures surrounding their customer and the various countries in which they operate
- Adaptable: Adapts to changing circumstances and accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Collaborator: Excels at working collaboratively with their team, peers, supporting resources, partners, management and the customer
- Strong Communication Practices & Skills: Strong presentation & persuasion skills; Ability to write and speak in a way that clearly articulates a point of view; Understands how to involve all levels within the company (internal and external) with consistent, appropriate manner
- Inspired Leadership: Act as an inspired leader for a large extended team of virtual resources with the ability to ensure consistent and effective team engagement with optimal usage of resources along with the ability to introduce new ideas and methods to both the customer and within VMware
- Account Management: Co-leads account management and strategy with the Global Account manager developing the long-term strategy and transformational journey with consultative selling approach
- Business Cases/Value Selling: Builds business cases including ROI and TCO analysis to quantify value realization of the solution
- Customer Intimacy: Maintains access and influence with key business and technical stakeholders
- Operational Command: Maintains operational command of the business through demand generation and solution validation; coordinates campaign execution across sales, products, services and support teams to accelerate the sales cycle
- Persuading/Influencing: Become a trusted advisor to the customer’s executives, senior management and technical decision makers with the ability to articulate market trends and the value of VMware solutions to develop new business opportunities
- Communication: Deliberate and effective communications both within VMW (team, BU's, exec)
Experience Required (Consolidated across GEO as per emails)
- A minimum of 10-years of pre-sales experience in an enterprise software organization and/or one of the large consulting companies
- Oil and Gas background preferred
- Ability to collaborate with multiple groups globally to inspire alignment and execution
- Charismatic personality with consultative selling skills and business awareness
- Ability to see and present “the big picture” and offer solutions to drive business value
- Strong customer-facing and relationship building skills at the senior and/or executive levels
- Proficient in enterprise solution selling including products, services, and support
- Consistent track record of successfully driving multi-millions of sales campaigns of solutions and services
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus
- With ability to travel locally and internationally