Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaJob ID R1903959 Date posted Mar. 15, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate and innovate, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities
The Account Executive’s (AE) primary role is to maximize sales in the assigned commercial account list. The primary focus is aimed at closing larger strategic business while maintaining sustained transactional sales growth. (switched order of primary focus). Collaborating with the entire partner ecosystem to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions is critical.
The AE is also tasked to improve sales in the territory by leveraging the partner sales community. Their focus is aimed at sales opportunities versus accounts and is achieved by collaborating with partners to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions. It is expected that this role will increase deal win rates as well as accelerate time to close on key opportunities.
- Co-develop a partner strategy for the territory to cover in tandem and execute on the strategy with specific revenue and profitability targets
- Effectively communicate and coach ideas and concepts to external partner representatives on how to position and close VMware opportunities
- Accountable for a quarterly bookings target for VMware products (perpetual and SaaS) along with packaged services and education offering
- Will work closely with top Partner Executives/Sellers across the U.S. including leading VARs, Distributors, Corporate Resellers, OEMs, and Cloud/Hosting Partners
- Orchestrate territory coverage with internal extended team/specialists to achieve greater results
- Will build and maintain effective partner relationships with critical partner in territory
- Support and provide guidance to both field and partner marketing events
- Accurately assesses general contract terms, customer requirements, and product capabilities to ensure VMware is chosen as the preferred vendor
- Accurately forecast license bookings, specific products revenue, PSO bookings and new accounts on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis via Salesforce.com
- Must drive both ‘Whitespace’ and ‘Wallet share’ selling motions in assigned geographies
- 4+ years of proven selling experience in a dynamic, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment
- Comfortable supporting Partners negotiating large deals with deeply complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations
- Domain experience selling in Datacenter Space. Ideally expertise across-compute, network, storage, Management and Cloud Services
- Exceptional selling, presentation and technical skills with a passion for driving Partner & End-User activity across their region in order to exceed quarterly bookings targets
- Must be driven to achieve quarterly targets
- History of coordination within an internal set of multi-functional teams such as Systems Engineers, Product Specialists, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Channel Management to ensure target quotas as achieved and exceeded
- Demonstrate proficiency in data center infrastructure products and technologies
- Possess strong leadership skills and the ability to build a complex Partner and End-User sales strategy to achieve both short- & long-term goals, objectives and bookings targets.
We look for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, honesty, and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like:
·At least 4 years of experience within the industry
·Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Highly trusted and committed individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team
- Analyzes available data and makes decisions which are best for VMware
- BA/BS degree or higher
Ability to travel 30 – 50% of the time