Solutions Architect - Storage
Paris, FranceJob ID R49315 Date posted Jun. 24, 2019
Solutions Architect – Storage
Location: Paris, France
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
The Converged Infrastructure (CI) Solutions Architect (Storage) is responsible for the installation, configuration, and integration of Vblock systems. This is a customer facing role, also responsible for customer low level configuration workshops, factory logical configuration, and installation and configuration of additional products and components with Vblock systems
- Conduct Logical Configuration Survey calls with clients, recommending designs based on customer requirements and equipment purchased
- Factory logical configuration of Vblock systems.
- Installation of Vblock systems on-site at customer locations
- Configuration of Vblock storage components, including but not limited to VNXe, VNX, VMAX 10K/20K/40K, Powerpath, MDS
- Comprehensive backup and testing of all installed Vblock components
- In-depth Knowledge Transfer of Vblock Systems to customers
- Hardware, software and firmware upgrades of Vblock systems and components
- Preparation and completion of required pre and post deployment documentation
- Mentoring of CI partners in Vblock technology and deployment
- Cross-training in all Vblock components and technologies
- Sales or pre-sales support and qualification
- EMC Proven Professional Specialist Level or equivalent
- 5-10 years industry experience: design, install, configure, support
- Experience installing and configuring EMC storage arrays VNX, VMAX, Powerpath, Cisco MDS or equivalent
- Familiarity with EMC Backup and Recovery Solutions: Recoverpoint, Avamar, Data Domain, and Vplex
- Working knowledge of VMware virtualization
- Working knowledge of network protocols
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Professional, dependable, and flexible team player.
- Must work well under pressure
- Experienced in management of vendors for hardware and software support and warranties.
- Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management.
- Mentoring/Coaching skills
- Understanding of ITIL foundations
- Travel across EMEA
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to become an expert in some of the tech world’s most innovative offerings, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.