Cloud Platform Architect (Paris)
Paris, FranceJob ID 1480068 Date posted Jan. 08, 2019
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
If you have the unique mix of strategic customer engagement and modern application architecture then we would like to speak to you!
You will be one of the few technologists has a unique mix of strategic customer engagement and modern platform architecture.
The role acts as CTO within Account Team. The role is a trusted advisor as we look to change way customer builds and delivers software. The role has ownership for customer architecture linking pre-sales & post-sales ensuring customer adopts and consumes platform.
This role is based at our Paris Office focussing on Enterprise customers in city with mix of new and existing customers.
- Present Pivotal vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
- Work with sales team to develop and implement account penetration strategies and drive the adoption of Pivotal solutions within strategic accounts.
- Influence the adoption of the most fundamental change in the software development lifecycle in our industry
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Use knowledge of competitive solutions to help the sales and field engineering teams propose the most optimal solution for the customer
- Present and market the design and value of proposed Pivotal solution and business case to customers and prospects.
- Builds relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives
- Configure and document Pivotal software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives. Participate in RFx and POCs. Complete required documentation.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Pivotal products
- Travel within your assigned territory is required (Greater Paris Area)
- At least 5 years’ experience as a software expert promoting DevOps and/or development tools
- Knowledge and experience with building and deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications based
- Hands-On experience building PoCs using VMware vSphere, SDN and IaaS is preferable
- Experience with scripting and automation frameworks (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet) or IaC (Terraform) would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers and IaaS (GCP, Azure, AWS, etc)
- Analytical ability, problem-solving skills and decision-making skills
- Customer focused and results driven
- Technically curious with appetite to master emerging technologies (in both work and home capacity)
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
- Good command of spoken and written English