Senior Information Security Specialist - Rotating Shifts - SecureWorks
Panama City, PanamaJob ID R81672 Date posted Dec. 06, 2018
Senior Information Security Specialist
SecureWorks is a global leader in providing intelligence-driven information security solutions. We play an important role, as no organization in the world is immune from cyberattacks and the nature of the attack is changing every day. Internet security is a problem that will never be solved. Unlike point products that address a specific technology issue, we attack the problem holistically by analyzing threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures, and develop solutions using best-of-breed technologies to protect our clients. We are one of the best in the world at understanding the threat.
In short, we give our clients an early warning capability. SecureWorks was founded in 1999 and headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with offices in all the major security markets around the globe. We have more than 2,000 team members, and partner with more than 4,200 clients in 59 countries to keep the bad guys out of their networks. Weve been consistently recognized by industry analysts, readers polls and as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for managed security services, worldwide.
- This role will function as a SOC Analyst. You will receive alerts/events/tickets detected by Dell SecureWorks Managed Security Services and respond by performing different activities within the client’s environment
- In this position you will be responsible for investigating high alerts, determining the source of the threat, the extent to which client assets have been compromised, making recommendations for remediation, and assisting in the implementation.
- Advice on analysis of security events from multiple sources including but not limited to events from SIEM tools (Splunk, CTP, ArchSight, Q-Radar), network and host based IDS, firewall logs, system logs (Unix & Windows), mainframes, mid-range, applications and databases.
- Collaborate with Line of Business technical teams for resolution and mitigation of detected issues.
- Elaborating runbooks
- Routinely interact with vulnerability and threat management teams and incorporate feedback into information security applications
- Supervise different incident response actions with internal and external teams while owning the responsibility for the incident/event until complete closure
- Knowledge sharing activities: creating and delivering new content for Community Of Practice sessions
- Subject Matter Expert for 1 technology in scope
- 3-5 years’ experience in IT&C
- Previous experience in raw log files review, data correlation, and analysis (i.e. firewalls logs, network flows, intrusion detection systems, system logs)
- Solid understanding of Information Security concepts (malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management)
- Previous experience in elaborating and maintaining procedures, documentations, workflows and runbooks
Previous customer support experience including the resolution of customer escalations, incident handling and reporting
- Industry certification from vendors (ie: Cisco, Juniper, CompTIA, ITIL, Unix, Microsoft, Oracle, AWS
- Experience in adjacent areas (Security Operations Center, Network Operations Center, System Administrator, Platform/Tool Support Engineer, IT Helpdesk support
- SIEM platform user or administrator (Splunk, ELK Stack, Q-Radar, ArcSight, …)
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.