Staff II Engineer - VMC on AWS
Palo Alto, CaliforniaJob ID R1905454-1 Date posted May. 15, 2019
At VMWare VMC team, we're on a mission to help our half million enterprise customers to develop and implement a hybrid cloud strategy that protects their existing investments and leverage the public cloud. VMware Cloud on AWS is an integrated cloud offering jointly developed by AWS and VMware delivering a highly scalable, secure and innovative service that allows organizations to seamlessly migrate and extend their on-premises VMware vSphere-based environments to the AWS Cloud running on next-generation Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) bare metal infrastructure.
As a member of the VMC technical leadership team, you will be architecting and developing the service fabric (distributed global inventory, messaging, service bus. Service routing etc) which powers our cloud offering. This is a critical role with a fast-paced engineering team that is respected for its innovation and execution. If you love shipping software that extends the technology frontier, then this role is for
you. We are excited to talk to you!
- Design and build distributed services supporting the future of VMware cloud offering.
- Collaborate with Product and Architecture team to refine requirements and design.
- Take ownership of both existing services and new green-field projects.
- Communicate with the team both directly and by utilizing effective documentation.
- Work with our SRE Team to ensure reliable, repeatable and high-quality deployment and maintenance operations.
- Must be a US Citizen and willing to complete background check to obtain necessary Security Clearance
- Have 12+ years’ experience developing globally distributed services.
- Be a generalist with experience in diverse technologies and technical challenges, in services development and systems engineering
- 5+ years of Experience in our technology stack Java, Spring boot, K8s and AWS services
- Cloud native mindset, including microservices, resilience and scale-out
We'd love to see:
- A track record of running large-scale systems
- Containerization experience especially Docker and Kubernetes
*This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware*
This position is eligible for the DiversifyCPBU referral campaign