Palo Alto, CaliforniaJob ID R1900109 Date posted Jan. 11, 2019
You’ve read the headlines – data breaches are rampant and it’s not because organizations aren’t spending enough money on IT security. In fact, we are spending more than ever while breaches persist and grow in impact. Traditional IT security needs an overhaul that focuses on effective design and usability – especially in rapidly changing public and private cloud environments. This is where you come in.
We are seeking a senior engineer with a real passion for security to work on our dynamic network encryption product within the Security Products Group. In this position you will focuses on encryption technologies and data security. Especially building an available and robust Application level TLS encryption report card with capability to add TLS encryption tunnel to make application follow company standards.
VMware SPG is a new and exciting team within the Networking and Security Business Unit (NSBU - the team that ships NSX), passionate about building new security solutions for the software-defined data center. We have the feel and excitement level of a startup within of one of the most successful and exciting companies in the industry. VMware Security Products Group (SPG) knows that making security easy to use means that it is more likely to be used, correctly. And this means better security in the long run.
Role and Responsibility:
- You will participate in the design, implementation, documentation of system architecture initiatives and full product development life cycles.
- You will be hands on in Java and Golang
- Collaborate with project team members and multi-functional product teams to execute product goals.
- Work without constraints in embracing new technologies, best design practices to ensure our products are the best.
- Innovate and coach others to innovate.
- You will provide technical leadership to other team members and be a standout colleague
- You will lead design and code reviews with a major focus on performance, scalability and future expansion
- Deep working knowledge of Java, Spring, Envoy, Hibernate, JPA, ORM, Relational Database
- 6+ years of experience in developing distributed, multi-tier enterprise applications, APIs.
- Experience building cloud services
- Proven background in design, OOP, object and data modeling
- Experience in design and implementation of SaaS service interface and public APIs
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Formal degree in computer science or equivalent, masters degree in computer science or a PhD
- Understanding of cryptography principles
- Security Domain Expertise with vulnerability and threat management experience
- Virtualization technologies, centralized networking, Encryption or Security Crypto experience are all a huge advantage
- Experience in cloud management system design is a plus